Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20160724_101408628_HDR.jpg IMG_20160724_101318716_HDR.jpg
I found this point on a sandbar in the nishnabotna river 2 years ago. At the time I was unemployed and broke. I sold it to a collector from Kansas City. He drove 3 hours to Elliott, IA, on a Sunday, the same day I found it. This point was flawless. If I remember correctly he paid me $250. Looking back I regret having to sell it. I'm sure its value far exceeded what he paid for it.

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty. I hurt for you, brother.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful piece. And it went to a good cause, right? That does hurt sometimes.......

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been down the same road buddy. At least you did get pics of that Great point!!

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the bills were due. Can anyone tell what kind of point it is from these pictures?

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a killer for sure! I would say that is a 800 to 1000 dollar point he got a hell of s deal!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep it sure looks like a Graham Cave. Great point.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be crossing the Nishnabotna and it's other tributary today as I'm heading west from Des Moines going back to Colorado later this morning. I'll be back in Iowa after this flood season to go look for artifacts with my cousin who lives right on the shore of Red Rocks. He's a novice compared to me, but his best examples found do make me jealous. I'd sure like to paddle that Nishnabotna river some day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be crossing the Nishnabotna and it's other tributary today as I'm heading west from Des Moines going back to Colorado later this morning. I'll be back in Iowa after this flood season to go look for artifacts with my cousin who lives right on the shore of Red Rocks. He's a novice compared to me, but his best examples found do make me jealous. I'd sure like to paddle that Nishnabotna river some day.

The nishnabotna has its treasures for sure. About 5 miles south of me there was a completely preserved canoe found in the river bank. Another very good bunch of waterways are the nodaways and 7 mile. There have been unimaginable quantities of artifacts rescued from them.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent looking point. Sometimes circumstances prevail, and you had to do what you had to do. At least you have a pic of it, and will always know that you were the one who found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread