Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off Topic - But based within my lifestyle of fetching coins. BTW - this is all pretty new to me.

I had a great week CRHing last couple weeks - 3 solid rolls.

took a week in the mountains.

Then the Craigslist finds starting falling into place. I scored 10 USA commemorative silver dollars from the 1980s and 90s - nothing key, but some cool ones. Constitution, Koren war memorial, ect. ect. all for the low low price of 25 bucks ( gave him 50 to be nice)

Now, I am planning on a meetup with another CL poster - they posted gold coin foreign gold comm. ( ~.45 oz AU) for 1 hundred dollars, and he says he negotiable. We are meeting up. Wish me luck on it's authenticity.

I know this isn't the correct spot for this post, but..I'm special. :tongue3:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point - we are meeting at a busy spot, I feel comfortable with.

he sounds like a young man...But I will be ready. We are only talking about 100 bucks here anyways...

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 dollars for 0.45 oz of gold....isn't your get real alarm going off yet???? Doesn't hurt to take a look but be careful. Could be a decoy and other people follow you home, etc, etc, etc.

Be careful with "creeperlist"

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 dollars for 0.45 oz of gold....isn't your get real alarm going off yet???? Doesn't hurt to take a look but be careful. Could be a decoy and other people follow you home, etc, etc, etc.

Be careful with "creeperlist"

Yea wait a minute, a half oz for 1 hundred?.. He's gonna try to rob you.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It turned out to be not gold for sure. Duh! But, what the hay. We lived in the same neighborhood, not like much gas was burned.

It was a nice kid who though the coin his dad got in Thailand was worth 100 bucks. But his dad just got ripped off in Thailand. That's all.

There was a chance it was real. A bigger chance it was not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread