Witch Duck

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Has anyone been down to Witch Duck road to detect yet? I spoke with a lady from the county office last month and she told me they hadn't moved the last residents yet and there was one last house standing. I'm looking for a good opportunity to get down that way, if anyone wants to get together just give me a shout.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I drive that way alot to avoid the 264/64 interchange getting from VA Beach to Chesapeake. On several occasions I've seen someone out there metal detecting the empty lots. I don't know if he (always appears to be the same guy) has found much, got permission or anything, but I have noticed quite a bit of holes up and down the way too...

OP
OP
sndman60

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Hey Dave,

If you're talking about unfilled holes, that's a sure way to get a bunch of negative attention from the city. Ann said she had gotten permission for the area to be detected. I hadn't heard anything about all the houses being gone so I called. But not filling your recovery site is a quick way to get a bad rap for all detectorist and for the city to really not give any permissions to anyone, anywhere, at anytime. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I will have some time to get down that way and check it out (if the city hasn't shut it down to detect by then). OK, thanks

Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread