witch one?

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
hi TH'rs im new to these forums and find this site very useful.i have a question..i just ordered a new TS Tiger Shark should be here today...i also found a Fisher CZ20 im going to buy it also.i mostly hunt fresh water beach's and some on land.just wonder witch one you peeps like better and why?..thanks for your reply.Dixie Digger.

Upvote 0

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I would stick with the Tiger Shark because when the CZ20's need repair it costs as much as a new detector to get it fixed. Just my 2 cents worth. HH

Cal

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
if you have the extra money i would go with the minelab excalibur for water, new about $1095

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have these detectors and a few others. For freshwater hunting either the Tiger Shark or Excal 1000 get the nod. Of the two I prefer the Excal because of the depth, iron mask, and DD coil coverage. Con: The price.

The CZ20 is a good detector for fresh or saltwater also, however with Fisher being owned by Bounty Hunter's parent company the cost of repairs for warranty work is costing $$$$, if they will repair it at all since they say they don't have parts for it anymore. When mine dies, I'll deep six it.

I suggest you order the larger coil for the Tiger Shark for more coverage area per sweep. If you can still find the Clean Sweep Coil for the Tiger Shark you'd be wise to get one. Tesoro offers the same coil for another machine now and the connector is different. The coil is 18 X 3 inches and covers many inches per sweep and makes extremely fast work of a beach or land hunting. It pinpoints at the tips of the coil and is light weight. The Tiger Shark has the saltwater mode and is good at finding gold chains, even the thin ones.

HH,
Sandman

ahia

Mar 14, 2006
Hi. I just got a T.S. Been out 4 times, found 3 rings, 4 ear rings all in fresh water at beaches that are hunted a lot in ohio. I think it's a great MD for the money. GOOD LUCK. AHIA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread