With $23.00 dollar silver , $25.00 is highly likely !

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard some on this forum bemoaning the rapid increase in silver prices - the theory they
are putting forth goes something like this - increase in silver prices means more people CRHing,
and less good finds for them , I could not disagree more , the people that aren't in at $19. are
not in at $23. And even if they were , they miss the point that the federal reserve note is declining
in value -so more people are chasing these "worth less " notes , to pay bills and buy groceries ,
buy booze , drugs , etc. - and are dumping coins (yeah - the funny white ones too !) in order
to meet these ends . That's my theory , what say you ??? Argentium.

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see what you mean. If people aren't out hunting silver at 18 or 19 an ounce, many of them won't be out to find it in the 20's an ounce either. If it hit like 50 an ounce in the near future (which won't happen for years) then I could see a flood of roll hunters. I think a lot of people roll hunt to collect coins, that's how I got into it. Many people don't even care about silver. And that's fine with me, I just hope people keep cashing they're old jar of change in.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Argentium said:
I've heard some on this forum bemoaning the rapid increase in silver prices - the theory they
are putting forth goes something like this - increase in silver prices means more people CRHing,
and less good finds for them , I could not disagree more , the people that aren't in at $19. are
not in at $23. And even if they were , they miss the point that the federal reserve note is declining
in value -so more people are chasing these "worth less " notes , to pay bills and buy groceries ,
buy booze , drugs , etc. - and are dumping coins (yeah - the funny white ones too !) in order
to meet these ends . That's my theory , what say you ??? Argentium.

I agree with you totally !
Rich

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add my two cents. Historically, most folks do not have the funds to invest in something like CRH when the ecomomy continually takes a dive. Investments are cashed in; savings diminish. Some folks "hoard," but most just try to squeak by. Our middle class is going by the way side leaps and bounds. And, America is thought to be the "great middle class society." Come to where I live, and you will see that is a vanishing dream for many folks. Sad, but true.

Further, I am around a great deal of educated people . . ., but they have never had any reason to view coins as a key to any type of prosperity, so they don't look there. So education is not a factor when it comes to CRH. Some folks just stumble on to a site like this one--as I did. My main reason I even hit this forum was I received a metal detector from Mr. Apush. Now it is second in the scheme of things.

Again, just a thought, a perspective,

HSH,

apush :read2:

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most folks who jump into CRH, are not likely to keep up an aggressive and efficient schedule
that keeps it worthwhile . A volume hunter has to have a supply of ready cash , and time to
keep dumping and picking up . I replied to someone's post last year , that the main obstacle to
finding silver in the future (5-10 years ) will not be from diminished silver in circulation , rather
from the banks becoming unwilling to assist the CRHer , especially with regard to half dollar boxes,
Ultimately , I'm guessing that the mint will stop the Kennedy half altogether - as they are so
much larger /more massive, than the dollar coin . So go get em while you can ! Argentium.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be able to drive through town and get at least $200-$300 dollars of halves every other week.
Tried this past Thursday and not one bank out of 25 had any, said they are getting 15 - 20 people daily
looking for them.... :o

The only way now is to happen upon a bank that just got some in, or by ordering boxes. I am switching districts where I buy from. My district has been crappy to say the least...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread