With a few exceptions

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Saturday I did manage to get to the end point in the park and found some easy pickens there. Topped it off yesterday in between drops with a couple more, but more locally. Got some wheaties that were faint, a couple buffs, an IH I thought was a wheatie until I cleaned it and a V. The '40's Jeffs I got Saturday were not war nickels so you know what they look like. Also got this small pin yesterday that looks cool but is stamped Made in China on the back.

I liked the way that the older the coin was, it the easier it was to clean in several cases. I'm thinking if I'd found seated or capped or LC's, they'd have been in awesome shape following this trend.

Attachments

• 1128and 1129.jpg
    1128and 1129.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 166

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Looks like you found a good spot there, Tim!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So the training board carries badges, eh? I didn't know that, but based on your find, they probably do. A lot of police agencies have miniature replicas of their badges made for use as special give-aways. Looks like someone lost their keepsake! :)

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Tim,

Nice finds! I especially like the V and the IH. That 44-S cleaned up a lot better than mine do. Nearly all my wheaties are toast (sorry, I do realize it's a but too late in the day to talk breakfast).

Wish I could have been out there with you guys Saturday.

Joe

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
That ground was really nice to those,,,, wow, sharp looking coins Tim :thumbsup:

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
That V is great! Just compare the condition of the metal to the buffalo. That was in really nice soil! Thanks again Tim for the Saturday hunt. I went back there today for 2 hours and found 2 wheats and a tag to a Boing landing gear (that was cool).
-Jon

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Great coins Tim!! That's one of the nicest V nickels I've seen posted dug. Cool pin too!

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I sure hope the Training Board doesn't carry badges. The head of the Board is nothing more than a Ph.D at U of I. The amount of things concerning law enforcement they have their .02 in in this state is scary. After 28+ yrs on the job and 6 yrs retired I still have to deal with them... gotta love politics, lol. The next thing will be allowing them to carry. Remember, it took a Federal law to allow retired cops to carry here in Illinois. PS: The Board charges me $75 yearly for the privilege. ($100 if its a rev and a semi-auto).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread