With all of the quakes in the midwest...............

Fred (S.Indiana)

Apr 8, 2007
Evansville
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I was somewhat reluctant to get on my 12/12 pitch roof to repair the lone shingle that had gotten blown off during 100+ MPH winds in february, but it would be better to wind up on top of the pile of debris than under it, BOY, we have had some extremes here in S. Indiana, two wind storms in Feb. 1/2" of ice two weeks in a row, one day in march we had 9" of rain, and now, since friday we've had 24 recordable quakes and temblors, all I can say is"what could be next?" In 47 yrs I've lived here, I've never been on top of the old house until today.............fred

Attachments

• roof1.jpg
    roof1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 416
  • roof2.jpg
    roof2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 407
  • roof3.jpg
    roof3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 415

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol better to land on the debris then be under it....got a point there. Sorry to hear of all the miserable weather. Looks like things were pretty nice that day and you had a fantastic view too! Glad you posted the pics! :thumbsup:

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Two years ago I fell 10 feet onto our deck while getting off the roof of our house. I didn't break anything, but one patio chair is now bent and I was quite sore for several months. So no more roof climbs for me. ;D ;D

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
pratt said:
Be careful that would be one long fall.

THATS WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY!!! ;D ;D ;D

well I'm in Michigan and that first quake woke me up, i was like, ??? ??? ??? WTF was that ??? ??? ??? PEACE! :icon_sunny:

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Fred - looks like the 2nd story gpt shifted to the left in the quake !! ;D

bedpanmoneyman said:
Two years ago I fell 10 feet onto our deck while getting off the roof of our house. I didn't break anything, but one patio chair is now bent and I was quite sore for several months. So no more roof climbs for me. ;D ;D

You're fortunate - 1-1/2 years ago my wife fell 10 ft to a concrete slab:

Blown vertabrae:

Attachments

• vertabra.jpg
    vertabra.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 312
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 303

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems the whole country is having 'wierd weather' this year, we have had two large rains, & one hwy has been blocked for about a month with flood water backing up from the dam.
You're not too far away from the 'New Madrid fault line', in SE MO , & NE AR.
The Earthguake of 1811 was the worst ever recorded in North America, the Mississippi river even ran upstream for a while, & people were afraid to go into their cabins, there were so many aftershocks.

Fossis..........

OP
OP
Fred (S.Indiana)

Fred (S.Indiana)

Apr 8, 2007
Evansville
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Yeah, Fossis............

Yeah, Fossis, Evansville practicly sits upon the new madrid fault, I assume there is just a small pillar of sandstone holding the new madrid fault together and it is crumbling as we speak, in the last week I have had difficulty sleeping on the second story of our house, I dont want to be in bed if it all comes down..........fred

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions