with this heat is anyone else night hunting?

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
been working nights, and with this heat I'm glad! :) 90 something today here in the northeast :'( - you guys are lucky in the south (with the ponds drying up at least you can search em!) your probably already used to this heat. ....and wow on the rain storms we had at 7pm tonight! wow! we got pounded with thunderstorms tonight. wow is all I have to say, downpours! :-\

anyhow -last night hit the local pond at midnight to search the beach/grass only to find clad , and some one's lost fishing scale! ...then the local school (that is closing next fall) only to find a junk ring, junk earing, clad clad and more clad...and a few trinkets like 2 boy scout neck ties. and a little kids jet that was like almost 8 inches under... ;D

anyhow bugs ate me alive! >:( heard coyotes at 3:30am, but was up to like $10 clad... I'm still looking for old sites and waiting on my second silver score... I can say that I was wearing a second shirt in that cool night air - it was about 60 something out, even with bug juice those mosquitoes bite, attacked and were relentless buzzing around... next time deep woods off, not that cheap stuff!

just wondering if anyone else is keeping in the shade like I was yesterday (Sunday in the day time I spent the whole day with the missus freeing clad from the ground - I hit the local school but hid out mostly under tree cover- and we drank a ton of water!) sorry my days are off working nights, it's still Monday for me! :) anyone ever get run out of a school for working it at night?

I had the local town cops last weekend spot light me at the local park- they never bothered with me- but I did wave and act like I belonged there... :o they seemed to be looking at buildings for vandalism and not too worried about me...

very few parks are opened after dusk, so it really is rough asking for someone's permission to hunt at 11pm...most people are sleeping- kind of makes parks that I'd have no issue going in to in the light fair game to me while I'm working nights...anyone have any stories...been there done that? I don't want to get in trouble, and I fill all my holes- so before you say it....I usually follow the rules to the letter. just see if you can find some place to go at 2am when you have a whole night to waste! I look at places like that as if it's not posted- no worries. I am considering taking to the deep woods to check out some foundations just to limit my hassle level - some of these parks at night are occupied with crazy drugged mutants, I've had to avoid some interesting people recently- so usually I don't go alone ... I am also considering taking to the night trails via enduro motorcycle to an old closed (early 1900s) amusement park. that is if I can get get my friend to backpack with me to it first, as I have no idea where that place is, but believe it is on land owned by the power company, that and I don't think is posted or gated....I try and go to parks and to locations that offer little or 'off peak use' as far as park patrons go. from reading here I know lots of people have the same idea, go early and avoid people as not to create drama...I'd like to hear what everyone else is doing to beat this heat... how do people that work nights get out? I'm only on nights for a few months a year, sadly they aren't winter months...bah... :/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread