With what Ive been diggin up lately, dont know whether to get a fishing ....

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With what I've been diggin' up lately, don't know whether to get a fishing ....

license or a gun permit ;D

Hank decided to watch the Golf Channel while I got out for a couple of hours around low tide time. :hello2:

This beach is still quite sanded in, but there are spots that are opening up...hope it won't take too long.

Nothing of much significance on this hunt; those sinkers and bullets abound in the low tide mud.

I know nothing about bullets, musket balls, etc. :dontknow: so if I have labeled these items incorrectly, I would welcome a corrected ID :icon_sunny:

Was happy to get the 1947 "wheatie " in dry sand. :)

Here's some pics...thanks for looking

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF0340.JPG
    DSCF0340.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF0337.JPG
    DSCF0337.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCF0341.JPG
    DSCF0341.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 343
  • DSCF0342.JPG
    DSCF0342.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: With what I've been diggin' up lately, don't know whether to get a fishing ....

Surely with all that lead there HAS to be some gold mixed in. Love those low tide hunts though. It really opens up a lot more real estate. :icon_thumright:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Re: With what I've been diggin' up lately, don't know whether to get a fishing ....

probably safer to take up fishing Lorraine!

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

The item with the hollow back may be a button cover. I found one similar in Pensacola at the site of an early settlement. I guess the cover was pressed onto a flat back with a button hook attached.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats one beautiful low tide too Lorraine, sooner or later you will get more yellow I know it..

OP
OP
Lorrain.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

petersra said:
The item with the hollow back may be a button cover. I found one similar in Pensacola at the site of an early settlement. I guess the cover was pressed onto a flat back with a button hook attached.

Thank you for the info , Petersra. I was thinking it might be a button of some kind, but couldn't figure out how it would attach to a base.

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions