Woman Having Diabetic Attack Assaulted by Police (Video)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Woman Having Diabetic Attack Assaulted by Police (Video)

Santa Fe County police can be seen on camera attacking a diabetic woman, ripping her out of her car and throwing her on the ground while she was having a diabetic episode.

By JG Vibes
Intellihub.com
July 23 , 2013

According to KOAT News: Revena Garcia’s blood sugar dropped so low that she became extremely disoriented and could not open her car door. Deputies assumed she was a drunk driver and broke through her window, ripped her limp body from the vehicle, handcuffed her facedown on the hot pavement, where they left her, motionless.

“I was just lost, I was just lost,” Garcia said. She said her blood sugar was so low that she could have gone into a coma.

Even if Garcia was drunk or on some kind of drugs she did not deserve this kind of treatment and was not being violent with anyone or showing any signs of being a threat.

Garcia showed no resistance and there was obviously no reason to attack her and leave her on the hot pavement where her blood sugar reached a critical level. These kinds of situations occur everyday, and unfortunately it is rare for someone to even get their side of the story and have anyone believe it.

“In this case there was no resistance. We are looking at that very seriously,” Santa Fe County Sheriff Robert Garcia said.

“What concerns me is there is no need to lay someone on the ground for that amount of time. There were other deputies around that could have assisted in at least sitting her up or having her placed in a cruiser,” said the sheriff.

However, it is likely that the people responsible for this attack will not see any punishment for their actions, aside from the possibility of a paid vacation.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being diabetic is no excuse. She should not have been behind the wheel. She should have her license taken. She was impaired, they did a good job, she should be glad they didnt use thier clubs or tazer on her.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More and more of these types of incidences are occurring as of late. Are the police in this country practicing for operational procedures in the future ?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the police are trained, and they have toys too. If you havent noticed inthe last few years, the real news is not reported. The police are people like us and they are scared. They have familys and we have let so many laws be made that everyone is a criminal. I have been told a policeman can write 20 citations without even talking to you. Get obver it, learn how not to be a target. Really Jim, this lady needed off the streets. She shouldn't even have a license.

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Being a LEO and seeing my "fellow" officers do this and I use the term fellow loosly. I would have no problem if a large group of bystanders seen this and put ALL of these PIGS into comas. Chief Mark Kessler has it right when he talks about police acadmies all over the country are training that EVEYONE stoped, questioned, seen, ect should be suspected a criminal. It is dusgusting what is happening we are becoming a police state. The police were NEVER ment to be a para military group like they are now. MANY officers are badge abusing, power triping, scumbags who deserve a good ass kicking to straighten them out. Our job is NOT to harass and abuse it is to portect and serve. A head light out is a annoyance, rolling through a stop sign is a idiot , someone raping a child is a crime, somone robing a store is a crime, somone selling drugs to H.S. kids is a crime. Most LEOs cant be botherd to look into real crimes anymore they are to busy worring about puffing their chest and pushing around the common citizen insted of doing their job.

Casca ... move to North Korea where the police have the right to beat you for what ever reason they choose. Since being diabetic is a crime in your eyes and she deserved this when you commit a crime....crossing the yellow or white lines, rolling through a stop sign, having a head light or tail light out, caught driving 1 MPH over the speed limit, or just a officer decides you look suspicious I guess you approve of 6 officers draging you from your car, macing you, using a baton or 4 on your head, hand cuffing you and then letting you lay there for a good while.

Last edited:

mtau

Mar 21, 2013
MT
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another case of "guilty until proven innocent" The symptoms of diabetic coma, and being drunk, can be similar, however, I've never met a drunk driver that didn't smell of alcohol. One thing I learned as a deputy sheriff- don't jump to conclusions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread