WOO HOO!

karajo

Dec 29, 2004
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I got my very first metal detector today as a Christmas gift ( a late one :D ) . It is a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. I have been obsessed with metal detecting and the possibility of finding some buried hidden treasure somewhere since i was little but never had a detector until now. I'm super excited, but was wondering if you all could give me any insight on this particular detector. Also The apartment I live in was the first house in the area an old farm house that had a TON of land which is now pretty much in a big city, but the yard is still there and I'm sure my landlady wouldn't mind me detecting around her yard, Being that only her and I live in this house. A little insight she has lived in this house since the early 1940S and before that the same family that built the house lived in it for over a hundred years. I'm pretty sure it was built in the early 1820S. SO! any tips on this particular site would be greatly appreciated.
ALSO! a second site i have planned out is my boyfriends grandmothers farm. This farm is about 80 acres and the family used to have a house back in the field from where she lives now again with this farm it goes all the way back in the family to his grandmothers GREAT grandmother....... I have no idea how many years that is..... ALOT anyway I'm going to find out the location of where the old house used to be and hunt around there, Again any hints/tips would be awesome
Thanks guys
HH!

Upvote 0
J

jim c

welcome karajo,just bought my wife a tracker 4 after a few minutes she was finding stuff out back,very easy to use,just read and reread your manual.and if you need any help hunting those sites let me know? ;D.and keep us updated on your finds.also read some of oinonheads post as he's got a tracker 4 also GREAT finds and he will be glad to help you with how to set it up to start finding stuff right away. HH

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Karajo. Welcome aboard. Lots of info on this site and some very insightful and knowledgable people as well. Has been a great help to me already and I haven't even gotten my detector yet. (I think the shipper is purposely torturing me at this point). I'm supposed to get it Thursday according to Fedex trackers. Reiferman runs a Tracker too, so should be able to help you get started but as Jim mentioned, Onion is "da man o' da hour". He can really find! Congratulations on your choice of hobbies and where you are to get started with it! ~CO2

G

giterdone

Yeah! If I were you I would get with Onion-Head. He is sure cleaning up with his BH. Giterdone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread