Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From the woods and tot lots

A short hunt after work took me to Reisterstown, MD for a first-time at one of Baltimore County's parks there. I jumped into a wooded section, poked around for awhile and had some success. I detected around a fallen tree because the base was exposed. Out came a heavy fork that was black and brown. From the picture you see it has a heavy silver-plating and cleaned up beautifully. Research has it that this was made for the restaurant industry, more durable than that for home use, as silver-plate goes. About six feet away I uncovered what turned out to be a Max Factor lipstick case. I don't have a date on this, but I would place it in the 1940s. Having my fill of the woods and wanting to try other parts of the park, I headed for the tot lots, of which there are at least four and found lots of clad, even clad from previous years that was beneath the new mulch layer 6-9 inches. Lastly I checked out a grassy area adjacent to the tot lots and found it to hold many good signals and not much trash. I plan to return, as this park should have some items from the 1800s.
Thanks to all for viewing.

Happy Hunting!

ISCO12.jpg MaxFaxtor_montage.jpg whats_it.jpg clad.jpg

Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt with many targets. :thumbsup: I love a hunt with lots of targets. Of course we all want the old coins, but I am happy with a fist full of clad to add to the years totals.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That washer kinda thing with the initials PB stand for PABST BLUE RIBBON just kidding neat find though,vanzutphen

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi L-D,

I'm with you. After going after "iffy" signals, or finding those that might be "good" amongst so much trash is what I welcome a break from. This gets my ears and brain back in tune to what "good" targets sound like.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...a modern mystery, I think. A post-hunt brewsky would have been welcome at 8:30PM.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More clad for the coffee fund or battery fund or do like I do and roll it and buy silver with it

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that much clad that tot lot hasn't been hit much. I would be pounding that baby!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Lotta good stuff there, Let me know next time you hit a BC Park, I'm not to far away. I do a few of the ones with water..

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OBN, I'm looking at Monday or Tuesday of next week. Shoot me a message if that sounds like it will work.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to pull all clad and head to the bank...been putting it off now for months. The credit union has a no fee coin machine in the lobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread