Woodsmen of the world

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can anybody help me with the Woodsmen of the world Fraternity. My daughter and I visit cemeteries and try to date them without seeing the dates so we can date tombstones you can't read. We've noticed some of the most beautiful headstones belong to members of this fraternity. One of the most elaborate is a sculpted broken tree in Newton Kansas. They had to be quite a fraternal organization judging from the number of headstones. What i get from the internet is really sketchy. One of the
internet sites led me to a masons museum. My uncle and brother and brother-in-law who aer masons say they never heard of them. I've literally seen hundreds of these graves. Just wondering.

Wild Boulder Bill

OP
OP
W

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rando I read that ,but I still don't understand. was he trying to start an organization like the free masons and what exactly was this financial security he was talking about ? Why would a life insurance company furnish such an elaborate headstone. Those things couldn't have been cheap. thanks for replying

S

seger98

I found a Woodmen of the World pin this summer, I didn't know what it was until Buckleboy seen it in my 2009 year end totals & told me what it was. I looked it up then & found out a lot about them.

The first picture is the one I found, the second picture I got off one of the websites to show a better picture of it.

Chris

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 8063woodmenx6.jpg
    8063woodmenx6.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 410

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread