Woohoo!! Skunked.....

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
The positive aspect is that when I opened my box on Friday 11/3, I saw immediately that all the rolls were chock full of brand new 1997-D halves.

I opened one at random to be sure, and yes, every single one of them was brand new.

So I just closed the box and turned it in to another bank on Saturday. Did not spend 4-5 hours searching through them all in order to be skunked.

However, I now have enough spare cash that I told the girl who orders my halves for me to get me 2 boxes for next week. Hopefully the box of 1997-Ds is something that will not be repeated.

But there is only one way to find out.

:D

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I got a box of 2001-D's here a while back, same story :-\ Ah well, it hasn't repeated yet thank goodness!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Sorry about the skunk. THe good thing is it doesn't happen very often.

I hope the next box is a smokin one to make up for it.

Postalrevnant

craig101

May 8, 2006
5 of the last 6 boxes have been ALL 2000P!!!!!!! every dang one of them. wells must have opened a big bag of halves and rolled and boxed them up. the date on the boxes are Aug 29, the 2 boxes i got last friday were still marked Aug 29. they must have boxed a bunch on that date. i am going to take a breather until the end of the month, hopefully the Aug29 boxes will be gone by then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread