Woohoo!

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
So I spent today down at Virginia Beach again and I hit again! The pictures I am including are of the combined stuff I have found this month so far. In the picture you see a round earring inside the yellow hoop earring...I found that today, its 14K gold with 39 small diamonds in it ;) . Today I also found the gold colored dice earring today, the Ford pickup truck, the shark tooth necklace, the silver chain, the keychain, and lots and lots of change!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 763
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 755
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Dry sand? Wet sand?

Love that gold from the beach!

Congratulations!

Ridley

OP
OP
cillosis

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
I forgot to mention, while I was out, a kid came up to me asking me if I could help them find something they lost. They said it was a little gold medallion shaped like a football players head that they had just dropped somewhere and couldn't find. In less than 30 seconds I found it with my Prizm 5 and the whole crowd of them (15+ people) clapped for me...LOL. Feels good to help people out :)

OP
OP
cillosis

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Dry sand...my Prizm 5 doesn't seem to like wet sand much...it gives me random blips and noise where there is no target. Im guessing its because the water acts as a conductor for the magnetic field in the black sand??

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got'a hero in Virginia! ;) Fantastic finds! Congrats!

Nana :)

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
cillosis said:
Dry sand...my Prizm 5 doesn't seem to like wet sand much...it gives me random blips and noise where there is no target. Im guessing its because the water acts as a conductor for the magnetic field in the black sand??

My Prizm II reacts the same way in wet sand, but in dry sand it works just fine.

Great finds and Great story.
Thanks for sharing

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Now that's what beach hunting is all about. Its always nice to help someone find something they have lost, WTG
Sorry to hear your detector has trouble in the wet sand. Your missing a lot of good things by not being able to hunt it.
HH

Desertfox

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo C

From the land of the Bluenose......man someone had a great month. Way to go and a super neat red dinkie too boot. Gotz to love this hobby!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I didn't have great luck as far as gold was concerned in the three years there. I found a TON of clad, one time a roll of quarters with a roll of nickels., but gold was very elusive. Boys in the water found all kinds. Of course it was 1986-1989 when I hunted there. Congrats on some great finds and hope it continues!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! So how was boot camp? You on a ship now or shore duty?

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice finds! Keep it up!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Very cool finds! Gratz! Also so cool that you were able to help the kids out....nothing like a standing ovation on the beach eh?! :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread