Words Have Meanings

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's all remember that when you say "Joe, I'd like for you to meet my partner Larry...we spend the summer on the river together"...That some people these days are going to get some different ideas...if Joe is a younger man, he probably won't jump to any conclusions about your relationship with Larry..such as the fact you might be business partners.

I just find that funny since my dad always introduced his mining friend as his "partner" because they were co-owners of numerous mining claims. I always had to snicker when he said that...beings he didn't have a clue. Unfortunately his partner isn't around anymore to clarify.

I suspect many of you have mining partners as well...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The term "partner" has two meanings. One is two people engaged in a common activity (such as mining).
The other (more prevalent these days) indicates two people that have hmm..relations together.

My point, which wasn't very well presented...is that it is funny when someone unintentionally refers to their mining partner as just their partner..which leaves the meaning open to interpretation if your not talking about mining.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My coworker likes to use the term "lets hook up later" I always snicker about it, he has bin working here since I was born...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The term "partner" has two meanings. One is two people engaged in a common activity (such as mining).
The other (more prevalent these days) indicates two people that have hmm..relations together.

My point, which wasn't very well presented...is that it is funny when someone unintentionally refers to their mining partner as just their partner..which leaves the meaning open to interpretation if your not talking about mining.

I knew what you meant.

I just don't really care what someone may interpret me saying the word "partner" really means.

Based on their ignorance level.

So, much so I never consider it an issue.

I have five partners. I'm down right kinky I guess:occasion18::occasion18::occasion18::occasion18::occasion18:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a group of partners, we get down and dirty every week.. As long as they don't try to dig in my hole I have no issues..

:laughing7:

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew what you meant.

I just don't really care what someone may interpret me saying the word "partner" really means.

Based on their ignorance level.

So, much so I never consider it an issue.

I have five partners. I'm down right kinky I guess:occasion18::occasion18::occasion18::occasion18::occasion18:

No worries, it wasn't directed at you personally.
This was not a phobic comment designed to trigger anybody..nobody said anything about caring what people think...it was just something I find humorous every now and then. I think that's still OK?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's word appropriation fairly recently created by the PC culture.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Word's. Am I right? IMAUDIGGER, hits the nail on the head. Knocks it out of the Park. See's the Elephant! "Partner," as in "Howdy Partner!" or, "Partner in Crime," or perhaps "Senior Partner."

OK, I'm hungry!:skullflag:

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's word appropriation fairly recently created by the PC culture.

Yup - how about the two guys that introduce themselves to an older gentleman as partners (not mining partners)..the older gent replies "nice to meet you, what type of business are you two involved in?"

Fly on the wall starts snickering..Ignorance at it's finest ;)

"Words vs Word's"? Not sure - I wasn't ever very good at grammar.

Maybe I'm crossing the line. I'll stop.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions