deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This could almost go into personal rants because I havent been out in the last week because my work shift has been radical the last week, a 16 hr day, then 12, then 8....all in a row.

The last time I was out, we were having all that rain and so i wore my work boots instead of my comfy shoes, so i could keep my feet dry.

Welll...as I was detecting, I kept getting weird blips. I'd go back at the spot from different directions...nothing.
I'd move on a bit...another "ghost" signal...same thing.

It's only when I got a really loud signal..I took my time...figured I was missing something.....kept checking and stayed close to make sure I wasnt accidentally missing the signal.....and I centered...dug....dug some more....stooped and looked...dug deeper....

rechecked the hole several times........nothing...

stood up after filling the hole.....stomped it down...and as I did...my detector, which was laying next to the hole....went off loud and clear....

My steel tip shoes read really well on the machine.

Funny how some things you just dont think about when you have a routine...and throw something off...even if its just the shoes you wear.
Al

Live and learn!

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
You are not the first person that has done this and won't be the last. LOL

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
LMAO. been there and did that. I use to put a coin in my shoe just to be able to test my MD on. You guessed it
DUMB move on my part! Ghost sig's every where. HH and I'll bet you don't do that again soon.

Desertfox

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
I wear my Steel tip boots, on purpose, when I'm field hunting. I tend to move too fast when I don't have close landmarks to hunt between. The boots keep me from swinging/walking too fast. It makes me triple overlap my swings. Great way to force yourself to slow down, and look for the deep targets :)
Of course, they can also be a pain in the posterior, if you're hunting a hill/slant that requires different footwork......

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
reminds me of my friend, lost the bottom screw on his machine, the one that bolts the coil to the rod, so in his infinite wisdom throws a regular iron bolt in there with a wing nut that is loose, and is wondering why his metal detector is 'acting wierd' for some reason.

Gee let's see, a loose lump of ferrous metal moving inside a resonant magnetic field, I CANT IMAGINE WHY. He's an electronic technician so knew exactly what I was getting at. After laughing at him, I gave Him one of the nylon bolt / nuts I keep in my trunk for just that very reason.

Aaron

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
heh heh heh -- it happens to thest of us now and then --- we often forget to remove the "steel toe" work bootsbefore going metal detectinging --- also the famous wedding band while hunting a big dirt clod and having your digger to close to the hole are other classic goof ups --- Ivan ;D :D ;D :D ;D

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea...I gotta remember to switch hands with the wedding band when checking lumps of dirt....nice links to other funny stuff....knew I wasnt alone in this.
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread