Work in progress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just have to add a bit of glitter. Yes boys, I am glittering up the boys' club! Ha! No, I am not some crazy feminist trying to make some kind of a statement...lol I just like gold, glitter, and wandering through creeks and muck. Christmas season has already started for me. I have a lot of work to do between now and Thanksgiving.

This is the gold panning Christmas ornament I'm working on. Bought the 4" pan from Cabela's on Friday, drilled a hole near the edge and loaded it up with "nuggets"

ornament.jpg

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Are those "found" nuggets or "bought"? ...Just curious.

steelerbud1

Sep 5, 2016
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't give up on the real stuff. I'm trying to pan enough gold to make a pendant to honor my only child (daughter) who passed. There is nothing like seeing that real gold hidden in that black sand. Georgia gold is what I get now simply because I live here.

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't give up on the real stuff. I'm trying to pan enough gold to make a pendant to honor my only child (daughter) who passed. There is nothing like seeing that real gold hidden in that black sand. Georgia gold is what I get now simply because I live here.

Definitely not giving up. So sorry for your loss. I bet the pendant will be beautiful!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need a GA, club!! :occasion14:(maybe there already is and I don't know:laughing7:)

Sorry to hear about your loss steelerbud1!

Cool ornaments HobbyHuntress!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did the paydirt that came with it pan out? 3 flakes or did you get lucky with the $50 nugget?

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We need a GA, club!! :occasion14:(maybe there already is and I don't know:laughing7:)

Sorry to hear about your loss steelerbud1!

Cool ornaments HobbyHuntress!

Thanks! Have you checked out Allatoona Gold Panners? Search FB for the group - I think they do outings once a month. I haven't been on one yet, I just joined less than a month ago

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
first of all let me make clear: do not reply to my comments ( some think I repel all females) and I don't want you to runnoft

second you are a lunatic

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
first of all let me make clear: do not reply to my comments ( some think I repel all females) and I don't want you to runnoft

second you are a lunatic

No, sir, you are a lunatic for not wanting one for your tree ;)

I grew up with a male cousins and I was a boxing trainer for a bunch of boys and "adult" men. I made men cry on a daily basis. You don't phase me one bit. lol My skin is thicker than most - heck, even my close friends ask my husband "you know you married a boy, right?" even though I am all female - always have been, always will be. I just have a lot of non-girly hobbies. My woodshop puts home depot to shame. I own more tools than every man I know combined, and I can use them, and no, they are not pink, but my miter saw table is!

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know how they say not to look a predator in the eyes?

do not challenge JG

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you know how they say not to look a predator in the eyes?

do not challenge JG

Oh...you're talking about you. I thought you were talking about me. Most men are afraid of me, as they should be. My dad taught me to to dig the hole first, and I have a 6 ft hole in my backyard. ;)

I do need a lot of fertilizer ;)

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your onto something good there HH, Last Christmas I searched all over the web and many stores in CA gold country and couldn't find anything like this and was shocked that no one makes anything like this, someone could make some $ selling these im sure!. My daughter overheard me me talking about it and took it upon herself to make me one for Christmas and it was the best gift I got!

She even used some of her real gold she panned out on one of our trips out together, what a sweetheart!

20151222_093417.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh...you're talking about you. I thought you were talking about me. Most men are afraid of me, as they should be. My dad taught me to to dig the hole first, and I have a 6 ft hole in my backyard. ;)

I do need a lot of fertilizer ;)

I bow to you Madam
And it seems I am full of fertilizer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread