Work on the kitchen floor, or stop for a hunt...

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Had to go run some errands for my mom, so I threw the detector in the car, "just in case". :) After I got done, I scouted out a couple spots taking the long way home. Should I or shouldn't I - well, if I go home, I'm going to need to start putting in the new kitchen floor. If I hunt for a bit, I think I can stall on the floor for another day... ;D

So, I called WC & told him where I was and he said, "I'll be there in 20 minutes!"

Nothing but mud, clad & crap for the first 45 minutes, and then I god a good signal in this real trashy area. I scooped out a load of dirt & there she was:

Dirt01.jpg

She's a shiny one, too. The daylight reflecting off of her washed out the dirt shot pic. Nothing else remarkable for the rest of the hunt, but that's OK - I got my first keeper since January 7, and a one day reprieve on the floor. ;D

Merc small.jpg

Thanks for checking her out & HH! :wink:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job bud, glad you got some swing time in, NOW BACK TO WORK!!! :whip2:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Floors are so overrated, anyway.

But seriously, get back to work before Kermit whips your butt really hard!

Nice merc! It sure is a beauty out there today. I have a feeling you're gonna pile up the mercs this year, and maybe even get that elusive seated...

Joe

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, she's a beauty alright :thumbsup: You're on your way to great silver this year :wink:

(Much better than that '64 Rosie I got in change at Starbucks when you called me :D)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
Floors are so overrated, anyway.

But seriously, get back to work before Kermit whips your butt really hard!

Its an ugly business but somebody's got to do it... :'(

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Awesome looking Merc!! Congrats!! I can't wait 'til I find my first...it's too bad all you guys are waaay out in the 'burbs...kinda makes it hard for city folk like me to join you guys for some good ol' fashioned coil swingin'!! :D

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
gothboi30 said:
Awesome looking Merc!! Congrats!! I can't wait 'til I find my first...it's too bad all you guys are waaay out in the 'burbs...kinda makes it hard for city folk like me to join you guys for some good ol' fashioned coil swingin'!! :D

Hey! I ain't no suburbanite! :o

Unfortunately I don't do too much deep-city detecting, though...

Joe

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the merc, wtg!

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Ain't nothing like coyotes trotting thru the backyard from the woods out here in the boonies. I look at it as being hard to get into the city, its waaaay far away. lol

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Dave- Joe and I will go hunting for some of Capone's lost relics...guns anyone?? Old whiskey bottles?? Maybe he buried some $$ somewhere IN THE CITY where it would be safe from the clutches of coyote dodging suburbanites for a long time... :tongue3: So, Joe, how about it?? You HAVE to get out with me sometime and do some city coil swingin'!! :laughing7: :laughing9: :tongue3:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
And on it goes...
The town coil and the city coil.

Nice shiny Neil!

Counted 9 different herd of deer today ranging in size from 6 to 12 per and a couple loners for a total somewhere in the 80's, two coyotes, one red fox and a beaver, all without ever leaving the car. Don't ever tell me there's a hunger problem in America. Not even trying to count the ducks and geese. I see way too much food walking around in the woods.

Ah to be a feral 'batts again....

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Nice Merc!
Congrats on first silver since your nice pocket spill in January

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Neil you need to skip out on those chores more often. Nice looking Merc! Congratulations.

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Every time I pass the Indian Boundry Golf Course on Forest Preserve Dr I see lots of deer on the course. Coyotes are just fine, help keep the pests in check.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Neil!! You did the right thing, called WC. Keep an eye when remodeling, my girlfriend found a 1900 barber quarter in this house. HH guys

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice going!
You made the right choice there. That Merc looks like it was just dropped yesterday.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread