World War 2 Reenacting

deeotto

Mar 1, 2007
Not WW2 but Civil War. 125th NYVI. Great hobby. I'm on my third year and have been promoted to a Corporal. Nothing like the cannon, horses and muskets. My kids and wife also reenact. I can think of no better history lesson for them and it gets them away from the computer and TV. Where do you reenact?

OP
OP
M

mad max

Jul 2, 2006
Ohio
Im with the 83rd Inf Div 329th RCT Fox Co.
Im assistant gunner on .30 cal machine gun.Just a lowly pfc for now, but Im happy being a bottom-feeder. We are based out of Toledo Ohio,but we are scattered around the state.We even have some members from Michigan, Pennsylvania,Indiana,Illinois,even one from Canada.
We do public battles in Findlay Oh,Fort Knox Ky,Torrence Pa,Michigan, andin September we do the Conneaut OH D-Day invasion battle. They bring navy landing craft from Cleveland,we load -up and assault the beach.The Germans are dug-in on the bluffs overlooking the beach.The beach at Conneaut is a almost perfect match for the real Omaha beach. In fact History Channel has been there the past few years filming file footage of the battle.(been on History Channel twice already) Also BBC,Discovery,and A&E have been there filming.
My unit usually does 8-9 events a year,including the Battle of the Bulge reenactment at Fort Indiantown Gap P.A.
Check us out at www.83rd.us
Go to the photos section and click on Fort Knox 2005, and you will see me in the half-track behind the .50 cal machine gun.
Sorry to keep rambling on, but I have a passion for WW2. mI guess metal detecting is another way of preserving the past too.----Dave

OP
OP
M

mad max

Jul 2, 2006
Ohio
Almost forgot,Great-great grandfather and his brother both served the federal army.G-G-Ggrandpa served in an Ohio infantry unit, and was captured , but escaped, and his brother Georgr served in the 3rd michigan cavalry under a young officer named George Armstrong Custer.
Congrats on your promotion!!! Maybe someday I can make it to two stripes!!!
Talk to you soon----Dave

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Madmax, did you happen to ever do any re-enacting at Ft Custer, Michigan? I late February there was a group there who were doing it. I was impressed by some of the mock-ups that the German Re-enactors (Hermann Goering Division Luftwaffe) did on some of their old late 30s-early '40s Ford trucks. I was even more impressed that one of them had an ORIGINAL Type 82 Kubelwagen (one of my dream vehicles).

HH,
SgtSki

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
I did Civil War reenacting for a little while, but life started getting in the way. I can get back into it when the kids are older. Anyway, I think the reenacting went far in helping me understand the history and what I am reading better...I can relate to it more.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
FlatCat said:
I am into WW3 PRE-enacting. It's not very much fun since it hasn't actually happened yet...

FC

The victors always write the history books and more of those with ammo will survive than those who depend on the government to protect them. I will be selling off most of my militaria over the coming months. some would be suitable for reenacters. I'm keeping enough to equip my own family and all else goes. Drop me a line and I'll put you on the early alert list when i'm ready to sell. regards, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions