Wormnblack.....Heres A Reality Hunt....Junk + Goodies

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Wormnblack.....Here's A Reality Hunt....Junk + Goodies

junk2.jpg

Worked my butt off one day at a beach this past summer. It rained, so I threw a plastic bag over the GTI 2500 and just kept on hunting until sunset. The true all metal mode found lots of quarters that couldn't be had in discriminate mode. Here's a pic of some of the junk I dug up, not including pop cans or parts of pop cans. I nearly dug every signal that sounded good with at least two different direction sweeps of the coil. This pic is just a reminder to the people just getting into the hobby that we "ALL" dig lots of junk targets, but usually don't show them because they are ugly.

fiveringer2.jpg

Here are the keepers. Just under 100 coins in about 5 1/2 hours. I lucked out with 5 more rings. A couple were silver, and the rest costume rings.

But....a ring is a ring is a ring is a ring.........

ringguy2.jpg

Here is a pic of the rings.

And the Garrett gals each gave me a "high five" and went home happy!

34_Garrett_Girls_4.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Wormnblack.....Here's A Reality Hunt....Junk + Goodies

John that is a good take for 5 hours with the ..2500..Were and what do you hunt with your ....Infinium....???????.....Were did you find the treasure in the last pitcure??.........==Jim==....

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Yes it is a high number of good targets for total targets dug. I wish all my percentages were this high. I just wanted to make a point that we all dig lots of junk targets. It's all part of the game. A lot of new people come on these forums, see nothing but all great targets and get the wrong perception as to metal detecting. Some even go as far to bash the particular machine they bought. All detectors work well in good hands.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

Nice finds hope you have more this year. Garrett is the one. :)

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Well, I must say...those are nice finds! I do find my fair share of clad coinage and junk too. I've found maybe 4 or 5 rings (all fake, of course), a couple of (fake) earings, a (costume) necklace, a pendant or two, and a childs locket. What I haven't found is any REAL jewelry. I don't live near any ocean, but I'm gonna work on searching some of the private owned lakes and ponds. The biggest one around here that gets the most attention is a state park and nigh unsearchable. I'm gonna get my share of "treasure". I have this gold fever thing going on, and I'm weak minded. lol :P

Thank you for the HUGE positive influence! :D If I didn't want to search water before then I sure as heck do now! Cheers!

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ditto to John's post. I dig lots of trash but find that it is more limited in the water than on shore of course. I love the surf as opposed to the beach. My good to bad find ratio goes up drastically in the water. After a few hours in the surf, I dread hitting the beach but being the chicken I am, I don't like swimming with jaws at night. I hit the surf in daylight hours and save the beach for late afternoon and night.

If you have swim areas where you are located, I believe you will really like water hunting.

Good Luck.

Jim

Collymore

Nov 11, 2008

I assume you throw out the trash instead of just burying it again?

Help the environment and stuff?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used

Of course! :thumbsup:

Collymore

Nov 11, 2008

You da man! :thumbsup:

I feel tempted to go and buy me a detector as well!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used

I sometimes refer to my metal detectors as: "WEAPONS OF MASS TRASH REDUCTION" :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread