worst birthday present ever

OP
OP
treasuremedik

treasuremedik

Mar 16, 2007
hi guys
thanx for the responses, there is no give uo in my vocabulary. there is also no patience lol not sure about returning to work, my md has already filed the disability, he says i will never play in my ambulance again. dam got almost 30 yrs in one not sure if i can turn it loose. cant go fast, or break traffic laws now bummer. did get to pawn shop after therapy my friend runs it got 6 morgan dollars for 20 bux each wheeeeee my problem is i have never been sick now dont know what to do lol

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have they started you on any kind of physical therapy yet.

Those folks can work wonders if you really stay at it.

OP
OP
treasuremedik

treasuremedik

Mar 16, 2007
felinepeachy thank u so much. laughs have been hard to come by, but that was priceless.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Treasuremedik, you have to read this story. It doesn't offer any advice but you will finish reading it feeling good. It will make you laugh and after all, laughter is the best medicine.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,344313.0.html
Treasuremedik, hang in there, in that good fight! That was a good laugh, huh!? I'll never forget that, and Mumszies dog, Buddy, and catfish swimming in the fridge............... :laughing7:

Just speaking in general. Over the years I have spoken with many, that have had their worlds, drastically altered, by happenstances of life. These are not always easy battles.
As we try to come to understand, our true characters, who we think, or thought we were, who are we now, where to go from here, how, etc........never give up!

Sometimes things can be hard to accept, but, you can always learn something new, do something maybe you haven't in yrs, read that book that's sat for too long, catch up with old friends or relatives by phone or computer, be a service to your fellowman if just by way of being an ear, or just give love and accept love. Do the things, you would have never done, if life had not knocked you on your back. You are there for a reason to learn. (I know you men, have a harder time with this, than women)
But, you are all loved and cared about! We all walk these roads alone, together. One sometimes never never knows, how a kind word, soft touch, or just a warm smile, can lift another. Now if you go further than those examples, then you are truly blessed, in that you were able to serve as an angel, for another.
Sometimes, we need to let another angel, earn their wings through love and service for us. Don't be selfish, let them.

I see it this way, There is only you - your relationship with others and with the world.
Make the most out of what ever time you have, in whatever place you may be, so that, that moment, and all moments, are filled with the quality of the life you seek. We all seem to be blessed, with quantity.
All we have, is the here and now, it's a very precious gift, that's why we call it "The Present". Make every "present" an opening of a special gift, for those around you. You will get back more love, in the long run, than you put out.

And keep a watch on those Soc Serc disability deniels! Appeal them and send them back off, the next day!
And don't give up! You all have my love, for what it's worth.

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
First to a fast recovery! :icon_thumright: Second, thanks for your service as a paramedic! You spent your life helping people, now focus on yours. Like stated above, MD'in will always be there, take your time. I know what you mean bout patience, I have none either. God bless! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
treasuremedik

treasuremedik

Mar 16, 2007
wooohoooo graduated to a walking stick. now to find out where my balance went to thought i knew how to walk lol teaching an old dog old trix aint easy either pat that was so nice hope to live up to it. my fisher is begging to go outside

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your stroke.

Don't know what it is about strokes, but I had mine on Roy's birthday. Happy birthday to him - he got to spend it at the hospital with me.

However - in my case, it was December - and colder than a .......... well, it was cold. Too cold to detect.

However, when the weather broke, I found that detecting actually helped. Couldn't do it for long periods of time at first, but, it definitely helped me
get mobility back - I enjoyed it a whole lot better than "therapy", and I will even give mding the credit for working harder than I might have. I think I might have even found more things, since I was walking (and swinging) slower than I did before.

Here it is, 6-1/2 years later - and, I have 97% of my mobility on my stroke side, and I am back hiking and doing all the things I did before.

Beth

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
treasuremedik said:
wooohoooo graduated to a walking stick. now to find out where my balance went to thought i knew how to walk lol teaching an old dog old trix aint easy either pat that was so nice hope to live up to it. my fisher is begging to go outside

Stay strong and keep plugging away bro.
Full recovery is the goal, and you will get there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread