Worst box

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's utah for you..my last 9+ boxes have been exactly the same. I even saw a box that was end to end brand new 2001... I passed on it hoping it stayed sealed and not released to torment usl

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the bank that ordered it for you is thankful that they spent money ordering it and spent money sending it back for you. Always take it, or you will end up upsetting the apple cart.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the bank that ordered it for you is thankful that they spent money ordering it and spent money sending it back for you. Always take it, or you will end up upsetting the apple cart.

This is actually a box I didn't order- went in asking for loose halves and the teller said she has a full box- I'm sure they ordered for someone and that person didnt come pick up-

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok maybe not the worst but Seriously at least a 1/4 of the box was 2001- most rolls had at least 5 shiny new rims with several having more than half the roll- I did pull a very shiny '87p that's my 1st one of those

:coffee2: I wouldn't count that as a "worst box". To me any worst box is not only being a skunk but being short in the coins in it. Ex: having $498 instead of $500 in it. My worst skunk box was short $3.50. That p___ed me off. I'm not happy about the skunk boxes, but it's part of the hobby but being short on top adds insult to injury.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: I wouldn't count that as a "worst box". To me any worst box is not only being a skunk but being short in the coins in it. Ex: having $498 instead of $500 in it. My worst skunk box was short $3.50. That p___ed me off. I'm not happy about the skunk boxes, but it's part of the hobby but being short on top adds insult to injury.

Ya getting shorted several $$$ in a skunked box is the worse- but opening all those rolls and seeing so many shiny new rims wasn't fun-

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was my box I would have grabbed it no problem, another hunter left it... I've picked up my own re-shipped dumps before

edthehead

Sep 15, 2013
New Castle, Delaware
Primary Interest:
Other
When I moved onto dimes my second box had all 2013 dates, all brand new. Recently had my best 2 Kennedy boxes (9 silver clad and on Franklin) directly followed by two with nothing, not even proofs or usable older 80s dates. Found Mastermind's 3/13 coin, though. It's what brought me to this site.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I moved onto dimes my second box had all 2013 dates, all brand new. Recently had my best 2 Kennedy boxes (9 silver clad and on Franklin) directly followed by two with nothing, not even proofs or usable older 80s dates. Found Mastermind's 3/13 coin, though. It's what brought me to this site.

Ahh dimes youll get lots of brand new boxes every year as they roll them out- I stopped all together doing dimes for a couple months as thats all the boxes were brand new 2013-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
My past 30 boxes have been brand new 1997-d's soooooo I wouldnt be complaining

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IAR, things could be much worse. I got a box like this before and was shorted on a few rolls. hope your next box has some Ag in it.

IAR if thats directed at me I like it 50

And ya I think that was close to the start of my 92box skunk streak- now I know better ;-)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread