Worst Christmas Skunk Ever with Pictures.

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been cutting back on the CRH'ing because I've been getting skunked left and right. I'm still waiting on a response to see if I can retrieve my coin filled time capsule. No luck there yet. My only success has been the nice girls at a small local bank in Georgetown. They've supplied a handful of nice coins and a couple tiny pieces of gold. That source hasn't yielded anything in a couple weeks. It's been tough going lately.

My wife has tolerated my bank runs and buckets of coins. We even spent an hour digging through a coin dealers lots at the local antique mart. Last week we looked up a coin shop and went to pick up a couple silver eagles ($34 each) for presents. The shop owner showed us coins and explained the different coins for about an hour.

During this time I made sure to make it known that I wanted one of the smaller gold coins, maybe a $2.5 Indian. I was throwing hints left and right for good present ideas. So, naturally I was excited to open presents tonight because I knew I was going to get something special. Check out what I got!
Awful Coins0001.jpg

It gets worse. I also got a cat in a box that steals my coins. She said I can let the cat guard some of my coins!
Catbox.jpg

My wife was super excited because the guy at the antique shop said the coins were special silver coins that I was sure to need for my collection. He even sold them for a special holiday price. I simply don't have the heart to tell her the truth, and I don't have the stomach to ask what she paid...

I hope ya'll had better luck than I did! If you didn't, then please post to make me feel better. Haha, happy hunting and merry Xmas!

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm only 16 but I have a few thousand dollar collection. Told my mom I wanted a 1820s draped bust dollar or half. What'd I get? Sunglasses and weather radio.
Atleast you got a coin..

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Looks like Lucy gots some splainin to do. HH Mark
BTW Premiums on the real small gold is outrageous, just saying.........

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to show this to my girlfriend...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch. I feel bad for you man.

Here's a post about the TJ coin.
Coin Collecting: 185th anniversary coin value, 1985, Thomas Jefferson

Gorbachev/Bush coin.
George w Bush Mikhail s Gorbachev Double Eagle Commemorative Challenge Coin | eBay
But probably closer in value to:
George W Bush & Mikhail S Gorbachev double eagle coin !
... Which sold for $.99 cents.

And the last one, online I found it here:
5 Dollars (U.S.S. Constitution) - Marshall Islands - Numista
And it says that that coin is copper nickel.

It sounds like your lady got swindled. I would go back and ask for a refund.

On a happier note, the cat thing is hilarious though! :)

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, I didn't get a chance to get out today and CRH, so you got more coinage than I did today. That's a nice looking Morgan, by the way!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The Marshall Islands coin is cool, I have the silver version of a similar coin from 1988. The coin is worth $6.50 in uncirculated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread