worst day at the airbase

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had 2 hours to hunt and all i found was junk. I found so much junk i started to get angry.Dont know why but something told me to check my depth setting so i did.Good thing nobody was around because the words that came out of my mouth would of shocked a sailor. >:( It was set at 4 inches not the 9 to 12 i normally do. After changing the setting and walking to the car this what i found. Look even my photo is junk :angry9:

Attachments

• junkee.jpg
    junkee.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I like the oldie tab, AA!

Gosh, when I read your title I thoght maybe an airdale dropped a practice something or other on you!

I'll bet you had a GOOD day!

;D
rmptr

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rmptr said:
I like the oldie tab, AA!

Gosh, when I read your title I thoght maybe an airdale dropped a practice something or other on you!

I'll bet you had a GOOD day!

;D
rmptr
forgot to say i dont know how long the setting was at 4 in. :tard:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tulecanyon said:
AA, are you being paid to clean up this airbase? ;D
wish i was

T

tulecanyon

you need to locate the old officer club site...i bet you find good things around that foundation.

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stuff happens, sorry. I've hunted, although only for short periods of time, with my detector turned off. Live and learn, try to stay sharp.

Nice zip.

Good luck,
HH.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Yeah, I've been detecting where I'd forget to switch back to coil from pinpointer on the SunRay and I'm wondering after ten minutes why all the sounds went away, lol. Yeah, I'm kinda slow sometimes.

Joe

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
BandB1 said:
That stuff happens, sorry. I've hunted, although only for short periods of time, with my detector turned off. Live and learn, try to stay sharp.

twistidd said:
Yeah, I've been detecting where I'd forget to switch back to coil from pinpointer on the SunRay and I'm wondering after ten minutes why all the sounds went away, lol. Yeah, I'm kinda slow sometimes.

Oh good. I'm not the only one...... ;D

Now THATS a nice pulltab!!!

Good stuff coming outta that airbase - keep posting... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimsdad said:
BandB1 said:

twistidd said:

Oh good. I'm not the only one...... ;D

Now THATS a nice pulltab!!!

Good stuff coming outta that airbase - keep posting... :thumbsup:
i told the Warden people would like the pull tab over the buttons :D

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about how your day went, hey if it was easy everyone would be doing it!

On the upside, I must say that IS one of the rarer type of pulltabs, I have dug millions of them but for some reason rarely ever dig the style you found today. They must have been only on the high dollar beers....Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Steve

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh were you wearing your steel toe boots today as well ? just wondering --finally figgering out that ones good for a bit of cussing too. ;D and yes I do cuss like a sailor when mad (mainly cause I was one for 27 years )

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
BANNER!!!!!!
Great pulltab, wouldn't mind pulling one of them out of the ground.
Joe

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we all have junk days. How in the world did you get permission at an air base?

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
AA, I've had one of my Sabres for over twenty years now and never have put an O ring on the discrim shaft.

Seems it's always floating at least a little bit each time I glance at it.

MUST put that at the top of my list!

Got to find some nice O rings to go under the knobs ...

Best
rmpt

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cam9457 said:
I think we all have junk days. How in the world did you get permission at an air base?
now that is a touchy subject. After the war the government gave some of the land to the city. About 500 acres of it was sold to a corporatin called the GAP for $2. Yes $2 is the right number. The GAP is the clothing giant everybody knows and young people wear.Every part of the land they purchased was where soldiers lived, played and ate.There are no fences no signs and no buildings from the base left. Everything went OK till security chased me off twice then i went to the main office of the GAP.It turns out the land i was hunting belonged to the National Guard not the Gap. After giving some buttons and stuff to the guard they really don't care if i am out there.Every once in awhile the police come out and ask if i have permission to be out there and i tell them no.They laugh and drive away ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread