Worst Day Ever

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Yea, So I was out detecting my friends yard. I had just boughten a coffee and I pulled up into his drive way. So I get out set my coffee and 300 dollar sony cyber shot digital camera on the hood of my car. He yells for me to come around to the back of his house. So not thinking about it I left the camera and my coffee on the hood. We were back there maybe 15 minutes... come back... and you guessed it.... the camera is gone. Yea someone stole it. I have had it for less than one week! gah... and to top it off they spilt my french vanilla coffee! Those JERKS! Eh... I guess they needed it more than I did. I found a few coins the oldest being 1959... but the 1.27 cents in clad isn't going to pay for a new camera... :'(

HH

Steven

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing worst then a thief!!! Any teenagers around close that might have took it? Hope it turns up I know that will be a bad memory for a long time.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Sorry to hear about your camera :'( What a jerk the guy must have been >:( Hope you find the theif and give him a good ass kicking :o Did you report it to the police?

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Yea I reported it, and hit the pawn shops this morning to see if anyone hocked it off... but got nothing. They said if it was drug related they probably just traded it to a dealer for the drugs. So I guess we'll see what happens.

HH

Steven

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's gone and you learned something the hard way! ?Thanks for posting it, your loss has probably helped anyone who reads your post. ?I'll for sure be more aware. ?XLT kicks butt, does great in the fields and on the beaches. ?HH, Mike

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steven, really sorry about your camera. Hopefully your friend can find out something about. There will be better days. Tim in Nixa Mo.

M

mattjd

Same thing happened with my old pinpointer a year ago. Exept I left it outside for about 5 hours!

HH matt

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Steven, sorry bout your loss. Its really terrible when people do things like that. I know that I would be really upset. At some point they will pay. Nothing goes unrewarded either way. Take care. Your days will get better...Lance

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
I suggest that you call your credit card company as most have purchase protection. ?I lost my pinpointer recently in our MD monthly club hunt. ?I called American Express and told them that I lost it. ?they told me that lost items aren't covered only damaged or stolen, but that they would review it anyway. ?3 days later I got a not from them indicating that even though lost items aren't covered they are going to reimburse me for the cost of the pinpointer. ?So since yours was stolen and you reported it to the police I don't see why your credit card company wouldn't reimburse you if you paid by credit card. ?Can't hurt to ask, I'm living proof. ?Good luck!!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
skane said:
I suggest that you call your credit card company as most have purchase protection. ?I lost my pinpointer recently in our MD monthly club hunt. ?I called American Express and told them that I lost it. ?they told me that lost items aren't covered only damaged or stolen, but that they would review it anyway. ?3 days later I got a not from them indicating that even though lost items aren't covered they are going to reimburse me for the cost of the pinpointer. ?So since yours was stolen and you reported it to the police I don't see why your credit card company wouldn't reimburse you if you paid by credit card. ?Can't hurt to ask, I'm living proof. ?Good luck!!

Yea, what he said. I know the credit card companies back your purchases like that. Not very many people think of reporting to them. My nephews new digital camera was stolen in Paris. They replaced it.

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
Yep a thief is as sorry as you get.......One just stole the bronze flower container from my sons grave . Would like to find sorry S. O. B. for a friendly meeting !!!!!

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
That sucks! Hopefully you can get a new one from the CC company. I would still keep an eye on the pawn shops for a few as well. Hope your TH'ing goes better the rest of the weekend!

Alan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hate that so bad for you! It is so disheartening when something that you own gets stolen! I know how you feel....had three different stereos swiped out of our cars when we lived in the city. :'( I just can't understand how someone could take what is not theirs to have. I do hope you get it back... :)

Nana ;)

Calico Jack

Sep 20, 2005
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
greenswinger said:
? ?Yep a thief is as sorry as you get.......One just stole the bronze flower container from my sons grave .? ?Would like to find sorry S. O. B. for a friendly meeting !!!!!

Okay, that's just low. On behalf of the decent part human race, apologies.

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all of the posts guys.
It's nice to know that there are some decent, classy human beings left on the earth, even if they only exist on this forum ;). I appriciate all of the kind encouraging words!
Best of Luck to EVERYBODY!

HH

Steven

Z

ZumbroKid

If you can not recover the camera or the cost from the credit card company. And you need to find another, Farm and Fleet has them at a reasonable cost. I do my photos with one from there.

nuge

Oct 14, 2004
I was at a wedding last weekend for my neice left my new cammera on the table went to talk to friends and relitaves come back to table and camera was gone.still paying for it. :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread