Worthy upgrade??

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
So i got a used, but basically brand new eldorado umax a few months back....i am wondering if the tejon would be a worthy upgrade as i would like to hit deeper, smaller relics. Or would it be better for me to buy the 5.75 concentric coil for my eldorado, as the pinpointing with the 9x8 coil is an inch or two off most times. I really like the eldorado so far, but have nothing to compare it to, and that is why i would really appreciate any feedback or insight. thank you in advance

OP
OP
R

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
Also does anyone know if the eldorado umax ground balance only applies to all metal, or does it work in descriminate mode too?

Allcav

Jun 14, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ground balance works in both modes.
The Tejon is a crazy sensitive machine. If you are going to use it coin hunting, I would turn your sensitivity down.

OP
OP
R

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
Thanks allcav....ive been mulling it over as it does seem like the most sensitive tesoro and deepest from what ive read. I just get worried that i am missing stuff with not going deep enough..... I will probably wait on that purchase until a good price used one comes up

OP
OP
R

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
Also i cant seem to discriminate out iron totally no matter what the setting... Any suggestions?

Allcav

Jun 14, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if your disc level is past iron and even max disc level? If the iron is really big, it could saturate the field and you couldn't get rid of it but if it was like spoon size or a little bigger, you should be able to disc it out. I would send it in if you can't disc out small iron targets!

OP
OP
R

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
Allcav, i think that i was improperly ground balancing because today I think that i finally balanced it correctly and seems to discriminate fine....do you think that a machine not ground balanced correctly would affect discrimination mode?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions