WORTHY UPGRADE?

shiffty1

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all.....new on this forum today,,,,,i have a garret euro ace 350 (im from England)......ive had this unit for around 4 months,,as im getting into this hobby more and more..im looking to upgrade to the AT PRO .....ive found a few neat bits with the ace , but living only 15 mins from the coast I tend to do the beaches for ease of getting to....the ace 350 I believe is a preset ground balance unit where as the at pro is auto and manual.....does the at pro do well in wet salty sand and shallow water as im led to believe ?the euro ace has to b backed right off in sensitivity hence losing depth....in the wet sand .......do you fellow members think that its a worthy upgrade
I should make? thanks all in advance.......

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a salt water machine if your hunting the wet salt water beaches. The ATPro does OK on some beaches without black sand but there is no comparison to a dedicated salt water detector.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Garrett Infinium L/S for beach and water hunting. If you like to dig deep holes, this one is for you!

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Been a beach hunter for 20+ years, and countless hours...

ANY attempt to hunt ALL PARTS of a tidal beach with only ONE metal detector will result in frustration(s).

You will almost surely be able to hunt the dry beaches with the 350. High tide mark, well maybe, maybe not. Might reduce sens, it helps.

But wet sand, get a MF unit or a Sea HUnter MK II (PI - little disc and loves iron).

HH

Grumpy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Pro will disappoint you in the wet sand as it will false all over the place. You'll need a unit with more than one frequency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread