WOTs the deal?

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
WOT's the deal?

Okay, I know that many TNet beach hunters swear by the Wild Orange Thing in the water and on the sand, but does it have any other uses? Is it a good coil anytime you're looking for extra depth, or is it a specialized beach tool? I'm using an Explorer SE and a Safari. Thanks for all the answers to my constant stream of questions!

OP
OP
waterfalljay

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WOT's the deal?

the WOT Is also great for Hunted out Parks & Any very large area.

& Yes it is just as Sensitive on Very small Objects

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Like any large coil the WOT makes short work of a large field for seeing into the ground in a large area per sweep to save time. It will however slow you down when there are a lot of targets that the coil can see at once.

OP
OP
waterfalljay

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used

Thanks Jeff! Thanks Sandman!
I wondered both about the smaller signals and concentration of targets.
It sounds like something I'd like to try.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had no problem picking up lead this size
at Fishing Areas.

LastScans.jpg

As sandman said about multiple targets it is the
only Drawback besides Weight that I Found.

If you search with Disc
& Switch to All Metal to pinpoint
you will somtimes realize
there are several Unwanted items near
the Target you want.
Making you dig all or Working
to just dig the good one first.

I Think you'll Like it though

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I currently have 2 WOT coils at the moment, one spliced on an Excal, and one for my Sovereign GT, they are great coils. You can cover a lot of area, they go very deep, and very well balanced. I have hunted city parks with them, stumbled on to several pocket spills, and had no trouble pinpointing them. They are fantastic at the beach, and large fields, giving you the ability to cover large areas quicker then stock coil, and they go deeper then the stock 8, 10 and 12 inch coils. I have gotten so use to then that it is all I hunt with.....It kills me to go back to the "tiny" 10 inch coils..........

As far as the weight, they are very light, but I also have to ask......why is anyone hunting with out a harness with bungie.... :dontknow:

Good luck and good hunting....

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2

I have one for my Explorere SE PRO-2 and ordered one for my Sovereign GT.
I belong to a club that does a lot of detecting at the beach and most of the members that use Minelab Detectors use the WOT.
Great coil.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
I currently have 2 WOT coils at the moment, one spliced on an Excal, and one for my Sovereign GT, they are great coils. You can cover a lot of area, they go very deep, and very well balanced. I have hunted city parks with them, stumbled on to several pocket spills, and had no trouble pinpointing them. They are fantastic at the beach, and large fields, giving you the ability to cover large areas quicker then stock coil, and they go deeper then the stock 8, 10 and 12 inch coils. I have gotten so use to then that it is all I hunt with.....It kills me to go back to the "tiny" 10 inch coils..........

As far as the weight, they are very light, but I also have to ask......why is anyone hunting with out a harness with bungie.... :dontknow:

Why are they hunting without a bungie? Maybe because they have arms like we USED to have...... :laughing7:

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2

Sandman said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Why are they hunting without a bungie? Maybe because they have arms like we USED to have...... :laughing7:

I use a swingy thing from Doc in Las Vegas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions