Would a full set of Crusades armor & sword be a banner?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a full set of Crusades' armor & sword be a banner?

That figurine is me modeling it.

Well, it's decision time.

My good friend, who has been gracious enough to lend me his AT-PRO for my research on quite a few occasions. (Was making up my mind on what machine to do the last half of my hunting career.)

Has decided to take a job out of town, (I think he said something about either moving in with or next door to Jeff in PA. ;) ). No matter how I pleaded he said he would NOT be leaving it behind until I made up my mind. :)

So, I got out for about 6 hours with it yesterday, (in order to make up my mind for real. ;) )

I didn't turn up any significant old coins but I must say, that toward the end of the day I tried a fairly new tot-lot. I was tired and had pretty well made up my mind anyway. It WILL be an AT-PRO. But, this tot-lot had been upgraded from an older one and evidently, right over top. It was basically all wood chips. I hit a new penny down pretty deep and thought, I wonder how deep this thing can shoot. I think the machine was tuned into my thoughts because the last three digs of the day were of signals that I stretched to hear.

That is when I'm sure the AT was actually showing off. I got a signal that was extremely faint but registered at around 84-86. I dug down and sure enough, there was a clad quarter at about 8-9 inches down! It not only "saw" this coin, it registered a good "quarter hit". But, that wasn't all. Now that I knew what that sounded like I looked for another. A short time later, another 84-88 hit. This one I ran across a couple different ways to see if it saw it the same way from each direction. It did, I slowly did an archaeological type dig and another clad quarter! This one a full 10 inches down! OK, I am sufficiently impressed! But, this was fun!

One more time I looked for a deep quarter hit. I slowed the sweep down, ground balanced again and ignored loud signals. I found another 84-86 hit. (I'm saying two VIDS because it bounced around that much. No matter how I turned the machine it indicated a good hit and consistently. Barely audible on the sweep but the VID stayed the same. In pinpoint mode, it did seem a little louder. It also maxed out the depth indicator.
Slowly, I uncovered and measured this third clad quarter. a full 15 inches!! The wood chips were pretty damp the deeper I went and that helped, I'm sure. But, still!!!

Yep, it will be an AT-PRO in my future. I wonder what the very first find I get on my new machine will be. I'm hoping it starts out with something good and not just another pull tab. :)

Below are the finds for the day.

Thanks for peeking and HH! out there!

Attachments

• IMGA1586.JPG
    IMGA1586.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMGA1585.JPG
    IMGA1585.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMGA1584.JPG
    IMGA1584.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMGA1583.JPG
    IMGA1583.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

MrVentura

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice but i think that is is most likely a
1990+ Item , Due to its mark
"Made in China" , If it was older
it would have marking inscribed on it
but none the less i think it may be copper or
brass i can't really tell from the pictures.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice but i think that is is most likely a
1990+ Item , Due to its mark
"Made in China" , If it was older
it would have marking inscribed on it
but none the less i think it may be copper or
brass i can't really tell from the pictures.

Yeah, I would suppose it's probably a game piece of some sort. Thanks for the response.

HH!

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Would a full set of Crusades' armor & sword be a banner? That figurine is me modeling it." Funny!

Nice story-thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread