Would you buy this - girard perregaux anno 1991 watch

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check sold listings and see how fast they are selling.. You may have to wait a few months but if you're ok with that I'd try and negotiate down to 14-15 hundred as you're going to have $300 plus in fees when it sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a tough one because the design is kind of plain. I agree it might be a long time to sell. If I was buying a watch For that kind of money I would use the money to get something little more interesting.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think one of the most I ever spent on a wrist watch was $1800. The one I bought was all 18k with a after market mesh linked period all 18k band. It was a audemars piguet made in 1947. I finally sold it for $2600. Things look a little fishy to me on that ebay listing you posted. The seller has a very low feed back. I've suspected on some listings is a seller will post an item and have an accomplice buy the item at a high price in order to build up an exorbitant sales history and then list the item again later. I've seen some high dollar items said to be sold and a month latter the same item up for sale again by the same seller. I would hold out for more evidence of a solid sales history on that particular watch before I'd pay that amount. I personally don't see that watch with a value of $3100, but there are some people who can just pay what ever they want on things because they've got more money then brains and it doesn't matter what they want to pay for something, because they've got lots of money. It's those kind of folks I always hope want what I list for sale.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Agree 100% with Tamrock. I'm seeing lots of 1 bid, very high sold prices on ebay on a variety if items that have me wondering. Kinda like the Olympics, I'm throwing out the high scores.

One that comes to mind - I was at a garage sale and a sealed, boxed Lego item was there. It was a robot and had an electronic downloadable "brain" that is used in some other Legos. I buy it for 5 dollars. And nearly have a heart attack when the first one on ebay sold listing came up at $10,000.00! One bid. I haven't sold it yet, but on further research, its maybe a $200 item.

Also, beware of fake AP watches. Saw an episode of that reality pawn shop show out of Detroit where the very tough owner got taken on an AP with box, papers, and all the bells and whistles. Which of course, reminds me of another story:

Last Saturday at a garage sale, there was a vintage Louis Vuitton pocketbook in its original vintage LV box, with cloth protective bag, with official numbered card registration and with the business card of the LV store where it was bought. All of it had that original, honest patina. The owner wanted $20.00 and as I pulled the money out she said (to her credit), "You realize that's a fake, don't you?" And it was. We both looked at it and she pointed out the various clues (especially stitching and un-eveness of the credit card slots. And I thought I was getting good at spotting fakes. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread