Would you count the silver you found in your till part of CRH?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I find silver occasionally at work, I consider it as CRH. I dump a roll of coins into the till and then I trade out all the coins that I want and put my regular ones back in the till, so then it is not off. So far this year i have found 2 silver rosies and then back in december I found a 1964 Silver quarter. I have also found many wheaties too. Many of my former co-workers though laugh at me because I like to search through the coins and put the keepers in my pocket and run out to the car to get money to exchange them. I think its the best way to do it :thumbsup: I am just starting into this whole Coin roll Hunting craze and would like to know if you would count that as CRH?

Upvote 0

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I would count it. You're getting them for face value out of a roll. =D

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I count anything that is found and not bought as part of CRHing. The till finds at my video rental part time job, drawer or counting machine finds at my part time credit union job, found on the ground, and anywhere else in the wild.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would count it. There were talks about CRH from church collecting baskets, I think till searches are legit. lol

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats found in circulation counts according to what I've read concering the rules.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with the majority here....Any coin you acquire for face is considered a CRH'ing find.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LJ said:
I'm with the majority here....Any coin you acquire for face is considered a CRH'ing find.

I have a very slight change to the above statement.

Any coin acquired from circulation for face value, I would consider a CRH find.

If you intentionally bought someone's collection and they sold certain coins to you at face (for any reason), I wouldn't count that as a CRH find.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GMan00001 said:
LJ said:

I have a very slight change to the above statement.

Any coin acquired from circulation for face value, I would consider a CRH find.

If you intentionally bought someone's collection and they sold certain coins to you at face (for any reason), I wouldn't count that as a CRH find.

Ditto :thumbsup:

hellsbells

Jan 1, 2009
my mind
i thought slq meant silver quarter...guess not? anywho i found two silver quarters and my oldest wheat and all three of my war nicks in my cash till....i have all the other cashiers givin me coins they find now :thumbsup: ...get about 5 wheats a day just from work

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hellsbells said:
i thought slq meant silver quarter...guess not? anywho i found two silver quarters and my oldest wheat and all three of my war nicks in my cash till....i have all the other cashiers givin me coins they find now :thumbsup: ...get about 5 wheats a day just from work

Nah, SLQ means Standing Liberty Quarter. Here is my one and only SLQ that I found last year MD'ng, its a 1918d (semi key) that I butchered!!!!! :tard: :tard: :tard:

Attachments

• 1918d slq front.jpg
    1918d slq front.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 1918d slq back.jpg
    1918d slq back.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 135

hellsbells

Jan 1, 2009
my mind
yea thats what i found in my til....nice find...mines really worn out though... 1929

wow i just took a second look at the one you found...beautiful find except where you butchered it

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Tf, that SLQ is in awesome shape with great detail. I found one detecting as well in 2007 and the date was worn off. Still a beautiful coin.

-Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions