Would you go with the ATPro or the XP Deus?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got both although I have more hours with the pro the deus is just an all out animal but then again the pro has the waterproof iron audio its a bad a%s detector befor I can honestly say get this one or that one what made u pick just between these 2 there not even on the same playing feild? & have u used a detector befor or will this b ur first. Also u will need to consider a treasure pouch,a good quality digger & although u dont need it right away a good pinpointer
Its a tough call Man really the pro u can get upgraded coils etc an upgrade coil for deus 500 a Atpro both coils warrenty garret pro pointer good digger & carry case around 800 & ur good to run in the water if u want

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you rather drive a Ford or Mercedes?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It depends on how deep your pockets are,or aren't! I just ordered a Deus XP,and can't wait to get it into action. I have a ATP also,and it's no slouch,by any means! The Deus is a lot lighter than any detector out there at this time. It also has a ton of features,that can keep a tinkerer happy forever,or it can be ran in the basic programs,for those that just want to turn it on and go hunting. They are both good machines,and will find targets,as will other machines. It comes down to what you want to spend,for a detector,and what machines features you like best.They all find targets! Some better than others. No matter what machine you buy now,there will be something better,in a year or two! I do think you are going to see wireless machines show up form most of the bigger companys in the future! I might not find crap with my new Deus XP,BUT I'll look good while I'm trying to!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said & ur right these toys get expensive just like all hobbies the further u get in them like rk said to the Atpro is no slouch its a very quick detector does an amazing job & like Ive said if they put another body on it or it esa another brands machine guarantee it would be a $1200 detector all day & my whites v3i is nuts awesome with an s load endless adjustments,& just picked up a deus xp to another great machine, but if it came down to it & I had to flip them all the deus gone,v3i gone, Atpro id keep still has a fully waterproof feature & I can go in any Type of water or land I want this ones staying no mater what

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you go with the ATPro or the XP Deus?

Yes,Yes I would!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both garbage. I have an MB what a mistake.

I was a Porsche master mechanic for forty years, we called MBs "Arabian taxi cabs". The MBs are like many other things the high end ones are pretty good vehicles the cheaper models not so much, and the ones made in cahoots with Chrysler were pretty poor. I'd like to try a Deus, but will have to get along with my Minelab and AT Pro unless I hit a jackpot somehow.

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a Porsche master mechanic for forty years, we called MBs "Arabian taxi cabs". The MBs are like many other things the high end ones are pretty good vehicles the cheaper models not so much, and the ones made in cahoots with Chrysler were pretty poor. I'd like to try a Deus, but will have to get along with my Minelab and AT Pro unless I hit a jackpot somehow.

Too many electrical problems on MB's. And overly expensive to repair.

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hard to compare these 2 machines, they're in a different class.. AT falls behind.. But is in no way the lesser machine..

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does but then also excels' over the deus as well both have at least 1,advantage over the other so for me it would b a tie. That's 1 reason y I'm keeping both lol

Nightripper

Feb 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At pro is awsome but it could be lighter and a backlight would make it way better.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have both and love both. The AT Pro is reliable simplicity in a waterproof housing. A huge plus in my mind since metal detecting is an "outdoor sport" being waterproof is a big plus...particularly if you live in Florida! It's accurate and solid. Coupled with the 5x8 coil, it is a great detector for trashy areas. Easy to learn both the STD and PRO mode, it isn't a top seller for no reason.

The XP Deus is in another class altogether. It is state of the art in my mind. wireless, extremely light, reliable, solidly built and its middle name is flexibility. It took me awhile to learn it but it was well worth the time spent! Although the control box is not waterproof and you have to rig it with an external antenna to take the coil under water, it is a dynamite land detector. The control box can be made waterproof by putting it in a waterproof container...easily done and it doesn't have to be attached to the shaft for the detector to operate! I love that. The more you work with it the more you appreciate its capability. Tuned to the environment and conditions you're working in, the Deus is a sensitive deep seeker...at least that's been my experience here in central Florida.

I have and will keep both for the long term.

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.
Deus by far. It will be the only detector you will ever need. I sold an ETRac to obtain my Dues. I'd do it again. I recently had a life long White's user ask me, " what will I look like showing up at our club meeting with a French machine"? I immediately showed him my past weeks finds. His response was "Oh, I see. What is Bart's number"? Give The Deus a try. If nothing else, they hold their value.
GL
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions