Would you post a life-changing find?

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
We see a lot of 'finds of a lifetime' posted on the banner. Though all amazing finds, few are worth more than a couple thousand dollars. Some finds have been worth in the tens of thousands range, a great little payday perhaps, but not life changing.

The question I pose to you is: would you post a truly life changing find (think Brasher Doubloon, NE or Willow Tree coinage, 1794 Silver Dollar, cache of gold, etc.)?

I might post a find after speaking with attorneys. I would certainly contact a few members here via PM for advice or identification.

Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SURE!

Under an assumed name from a computer in a different state.8-)8-)8-)

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I found something amazing I wouldn't post it until maybe a long time had passed. Mainly that would be for protection... not for lack of desire to share. Sharing finds is one of my favorite parts of the hobby. I really like it when I find something that is identical to another person's find, it's especially interesting when they are very far away and we find an identical bit of jewelry or an identical lost toy.

Seeing what other people were finding and reading about where they were finding them has made me a much better detectorist than I would have been without the forums.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really doubt I'd find anything like that, but would not post.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, afraid not. I haven't even worked up the courage to post my regular good finds yet. I think to some it would be very tempting to "show off" what you found but it's never worth the risk unless fame is more important to you than your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread