would you ship to different adress??

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
I wouldn't. I think it opens you up to loosing both the item and the money because they could claim that they never got the item and then ebay refunds all the money

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The first thing that buyers need to know is that Paypal *requires* sellers to ship to the listed address on the Paypal transaction in order to be protected by Paypal's Seller Protection Policy."

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I will do it if I can afford to lose the item, and if the buyer has plenty of good feedback. I'm talking about stuff that cost me a few bucks that we might be selling for $13. Definitely not on anything expensive!!!

Yes, you can change the label. After you click "purchase postage", look on the left side of your screen where the buyers addy is, then click "edit address."

Ebay will, in my experience, send their form email to the buyer saying that the item shipped, but a few months ago, they were not updating the edited address. I always snap a pic of the label in case the buyer throws a big ol' fit, like the last one did.

Ebay also told me that I would be covered if the buyer had emailed the address change...but that is what Francis said, who works in an ebay call center in Bangladesh.

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
I will do it if I can afford to lose the item, and if the buyer has plenty of good feedback. I'm talking about stuff that cost me a few bucks that we might be selling for $13. Definitely not on anything expensive!!!

Yes, you can change the label. After you click "purchase postage", look on the left side of your screen where the buyers addy is, then click "edit address."

Ebay will, in my experience, send their form email to the buyer saying that the item shipped, but a few months ago, they were not updating the edited address. I always snap a pic of the label in case the buyer throws a big ol' fit, like the last one did.

Ebay also told me that I would be covered if the buyer had emailed the address change...but that is what Francis said, who works in an ebay call center in Bangladesh.
I sent him an email asking if I could send to original address. The item sold for $70 and im into it for $5. Last time I tried to change a label in pay pal red flags kept popping up and would not allow me. Kept saying verified address needs to be here.

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Through pay pal. always

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wouldn't send it to anything other than a confirmed address. tell the buyer they need to update their info with paypal and ebay. i would give them a couple day to fix it. if they don't and you got more than one bid, you can do the second chance offer for the next bidder.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the ship to address is not confirmed or verified, I believe you will lose the "protection" PayPal offers.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As others have said, if you ship to any other address other than the one they have listed you are not covered under eBay's seller's protection policy.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done it twice with no issues, but know that there is risk involved. If you aren't willing to risk pissing $70 away, don't do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread