WOW 1826 8 REALE. 1877 SEATED QUARTER. 21 SILVERS KEY DATE COINS TO MUCH TO LIST

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

I don't know what to say right now but wow. It's been a great week of hunting. I've been hitting it hard the past 6 straight days. It all started about a week ago. I was reading up on some local history right. I seen that there was a old cabin that used to sit in this one park. I have never been to this park before.

But I said hey what the heck lets go look for it. Me and my boy set out that saturday to see what we could come up with. Well I didn't find the cabin site yet. So I decided to just venture around the park some. I picked up a few old coins that day. I made a mental note to come back the following week.

On the way out of the place though I spotted a area with a ton of briars. No big deal right. Not the case though. Briars are a good sign of a old home site. I don't know why but it's one thing I look for when finding old homesteads. I said to my son next week we will check that briar area out.

Well my hunch was right. There was a small homestead nestled in there. Bad thing was it had been hunted before. But hey that never deters me from hunting. So off we went. It held some promise as I was able to score a few silver rings relics and low and behold my first spanish silver and it's a 8 reale.

I had no idea what it was out in the field. It was totally coated with dirt. I put it in the pouch and passed it off as a large token. Well when I got home and started to clean it I realized i had a big silver coin. It was about 12 inches deep under a sandstone rock. As hits seemed to dry up at the home site I decided to walk back deeper into the woods were I had found a few coins the first day I was there.

Well to make a long story longer. The site was just loaded with coins. I don't know what was down in these woods. My maps show nothing was here in 1876. So I started to look around and though to myself this must have been a old swimming or fishing hole. It's a bluff right above a nice creek.

I was able to pull my first seated quarter a very nice 1877. I was in heaven this week guys. I actually made a few finds that made my hands shake a little. Don't happen to me very often. I pulled out coin after coin after coin. Just to much to try and list right now. Got a 1894 S barber quarter.

A key date 1921 merc. Got a 3 cent silver love token. Tons of wheat cents with a few key dates. Got 7 indian heads. Got a bunch of old nickles. Got a toasted 1817 or 1827 matron head. This site was used. Best part was it has never been touched by a unit. I got more hunting to do at this site. Got a really nice sterling thimble.

I'd much rather answer any questions you all might have. Then try and sit here and describe every item. What can I say. I even amaze myself. I am very fortunate to have so much history around me. I am very humble for the sucess I have had over the yrs. This has taken me alot of work to post and clean all of these things to share with you all.

I want to thank you all for the nice comments and looking at my finds. I know this is a little over the top but you know what. If you work hard enough at anything your gonna excel. I work very hard at this hobby. It's something I truly love to do. It's not about money for me. It's the discovery and the going back in time for a moment that keeps me going.

Thanks again guys,

HH Jer

Attachments

• big park finds 003.JPG
    big park finds 003.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 2,655
  • big park finds 010.JPG
    big park finds 010.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,651
  • big park finds 006.JPG
    big park finds 006.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,647
  • big park finds 007.JPG
    big park finds 007.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 2,667
  • big park finds 008.JPG
    big park finds 008.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,644
  • big park finds 012.JPG
    big park finds 012.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 2,681
  • big park finds 015.JPG
    big park finds 015.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 2,639
  • big park finds 016.JPG
    big park finds 016.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,616
  • big park finds 021.JPG
    big park finds 021.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 2,602
  • big park finds 020.JPG
    big park finds 020.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,603
  • big park finds 018.JPG
    big park finds 018.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 2,620
  • big park finds 017.JPG
    big park finds 017.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 2,642
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here are the rest

Attachments

• big park finds 023.JPG
    big park finds 023.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 2,465
  • big park finds 034.JPG
    big park finds 034.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 2,475
  • big park finds 024.JPG
    big park finds 024.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 2,537
  • big park finds 023.JPG
    big park finds 023.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 2,563
  • big park finds 022.JPG
    big park finds 022.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 2,577
  • big park finds 033.JPG
    big park finds 033.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 2,492
  • big park finds 032.JPG
    big park finds 032.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,504
  • big park finds 031.JPG
    big park finds 031.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 2,499
  • big park finds 030.JPG
    big park finds 030.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,518
  • big park finds 025.JPG
    big park finds 025.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,508
  • big park finds 034.JPG
    big park finds 034.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 2,477
  • big park finds 034.JPG
    big park finds 034.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 2,472
  • big park finds 035.JPG
    big park finds 035.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,471
  • big park finds 023.JPG
    big park finds 023.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 2,462

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome week and display also! That three center is a little beauty too. :icon_thumleft:

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!! very cool finds now that you've found the 1877 q, get back out there and get the penny that goes with it...
what method do you use to clean your finds? really like the elephant, toys,keys and of course the coins. thanks for sharing and a great job on the research to find such an awesome site........:)

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I bet you love that site! Great job on the cleaning and displaying of your finds. I love the eagle bullet. I bet that site becomes your "backup" hunting grounds as it looks like it will always give up something interesting. Did you use a custom program or just one of the stock programs? ah....if you used a stock program do you remember which one you used? It looks like the last couple of weeks have been very good to most detectors. Glad the cooler weather is upon us now. Keep at it (like you gonna quit now.) I'm sure there is another good piece or two at your site. Congratulations on a real nice week of hunting.

JRich

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Jer! What do you know about the emblazoned bullet? Thought that was cool. ...and the silver is of course gravy.

trapper bob

Mar 22, 2005
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinshooter 2, Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra, Bounty Hunter Landstar, Bounty Hunter Lonestar
DANG DOG!
Ya got THE PLACE! I had a place like that in the 80`s until someone built a strip mall on it...Can ya post a few pics of the 3 center? I just found my 1st one this summer and I`ve been wishin for one since I started tectin in the late 70`s...
Nice finds and HH Bob ;D

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice stuff Jer. You are a master of that machine. Just amazing to see all of the stuff you found during the week. :icon_thumleft:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got yourself a nice 'ole site. Keep hitting it hard, I'm sure there are tons of more goodies just waiting for you there. Congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes,

Thanks alot everyone. I wish the 77 IH was down there. I got hundreds of indians and no 77. One day it will show. That is the great thing about this hobby.

Yeah, This one will be on the list for future hunts. I let them rest for awhile. I cleaned alot of these items differently. All the relics were tumbled with mild dish soap for about 8 to 10 hrs. Then you can polish them or soak them in olive oil. Copper coins were peroxided first for date checking. Once I knew the wheats were commons they went to the tumbler also.

Soaked a few items in vengar for about 12 hrs. Bunch of different ways. All depends on the condition of the items first.

I don't know anything about the bullet other than it's a .45. It's a really cool find. It says usmc on the bottom. It had a loop to wear it as a key chain I think. Looks millitary. I thought it was just another bullet. Tumbled it and when it came out I was like man what is that a eagle.

I think it's safe to say this site will still be here for the rest of my life time. I hit real remote areas. You start to get good over the yrs with reading the land just by looking at it.

Thanks SF I like to think so at times lol. I have spent somewhere around close to 10,000 hrs on this unit. It has really paid off for me. I've seen alot of guys say and use a dfx and call them junque. They just take alot of time to master. Anything good comes with a wait.

Thanks seated, I think there may be a few more good items in there. It's a large beautiful area. It has huge tree's and the soil is just great. Got real lucky to stumble on this one.

Thanks again

Jer

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the story Jer and for posting pictures
of your finds. You have done an excellent job of
presenting them. Your love of this hobbie shows in
the attention to detail you show in the presentation. :headbang:
Congratulations. Gold Nuggets :hello:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: WOW 1826 8 REALE. 1877 SEATED QUARTER. 21 SILVERS KEY DATE COINS TO MUCH TO

Looks like you found the mother lode!

I wonder what was at that site? My first thought was "privy", but I don't think so. The brass fob may be a hint. I found one and it alerted me that there was once a small picnic and beach area where I was detecting. What does yours say?

Fantastic finds. I know you will go back and get some more!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Awesome digs! Man, what a dream week, congrats on all of it!

I have a theory about your briars as I saw the same thing happen to me when building a house in what was essentially an empty field. We have tons of sticker bushes all around the perimeter of the house now where there were none before. Realized two things: I tracked them to the house when working on it, so from one tiny bush far away from the house I brought in a lot of new ones. And second, I essentially built a wind-break with the house, so instead of rolling away in a big wind, the stickers got caught and took root.

Again, super finds!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WOW 1826 8 REALE. 1877 SEATED QUARTER. 21 SILVERS KEY DATE COINS TO MUCH TO

8 Reales and Seateds what more can you ask!?? AWESOME!! :icon_thumleft:

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
That's some great stuff there! look like you got a little bit of everything we all look for. Congrats. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread