Wow! Can She Ever Make That AT MAX Work Hard! Check It Out...........................

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calm down John, you posted her twice...lol

:occasion14:

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that's not her singing, but hey, who cares? Having hunted with her, she's a great person and fun to be around. That Max is really impressive, but her advantage was knowing the AT Gold, since they sound similar. By the holes she was digging, doesn't look like you'll need an aftermarket coil anymore, either. Now, to hit the lottery.....:tchest:

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Not to distract from her character or abilities , but these hokey videos make it look like her enthusiasm isn't sincere , the other people look the same way. Something fake or staged looking about almost all of it. Kind of reminiscent of the diggers show. I don't think its her fault , whoever is producing and shooting the videos and coaching those in them is I believe , encouraging an apparent fake sensationalism. Some fall for it but I cant get past the feeling that something isn't right when I watch these. It has a dishonest ring to it. Not trying to be a downer , I just call things as I see them.

Gamma Joe

Jan 24, 2015
NE Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have to say it. I agree with ohiocris. The video presentation has a hokey "promotion" aspect that turns me off. Far better videos abound where the finds themselves are the main focus, as they should be.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've hunted with Jocelyn once and she's a lot of fun to be around. Her and John enjoy what they do and while she doesn't always score amazing things in her videos, what you see is pretty much how she is. I think she does all the editing herself, but not sure. She even came down here and hunted in a blizzard (not with me, but with friends of mine). She's genuine, for sure. Oh, and John, that's not her singing, sorry.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of reminiscent of the diggers show.
The diggers are pushing this MAX too.

That said, I agree with you but I am really thinking of getting this machine or at least the PRO.

I live less than 3 miles from the ocean so can't get the GOLD. Why they made it only freshwater proof is beyond me.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
She is nice to look at , no doubt about that. She may be the real deal but these videos lately are more like late night infomercials. And I still haven't seen any finds yet that don't look like they could have been found with just about any modern detector. Basically just saying , hey guys get this detector.....its new...............

Disappointing.....

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett basically found a bunch of popular Youtube detectorists, gave them all an AT Max to use, and stuck a telephoto lens into every hole they dug, as if the machine is some force of nature.

Personally, this makes me about as excited as the current trend in superbowl half time performers....

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The diggers are pushing this MAX too.

That said, I agree with you but I am really thinking of getting this machine or at least the PRO.

I live less than 3 miles from the ocean so can't get the GOLD. Why they made it only freshwater proof is beyond me.

Don't get the pro either in that case. If you live 3 miles from the ocean get yourself a proper salt water detector.

The Pro or Max ain't it I promise you.

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see a gal this excited about metal detecting - Not that many out there........

Most of us are old, fat, gray haired balding guys.........<-- The cream of the crop :laughing7:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see a gal this excited about metal detecting - Not that many out there........

Most of us are old, fat, gray haired balding guys.........<-- The cream of the crop :laughing7:

Or worse...

DIV Mankinis.jpg

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Vferrari - That's just wrong on so many levels.......I couldn't find a "vomiting" emoticon.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome... :laughing7:

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see some videos that show the machine working. All I've seen so far is the hole and the recovery. It would be nice to see the display, and hear the tones before they dig.

Dan

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to see some videos that show the machine working. All I've seen so far is the hole and the recovery. It would be nice to see the display, and hear the tones before they dig.

Dan

A girl has to maintain an air of mystery so the boys don't lose interest! :dontknow:

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my personal opinion, I don't trust at all on those video hunting who produce those young guys, even they state to find gold or silver. I don't doubt about the effectiveness of Garrett detector because I have two Garrett (GTI 2500 and Sea Hunter), but the find that they find and show on Youtube. We have to separate between marketing or promotion and reality. Unless, you're detecting on a virgin ground where nobody in this life has wiped a coil over the ground, at this date, it will be hard to find gold or silver on these time 2017 where exist thousand of hunters detecting in everywhere.

We have to ask the next question; What they looking for, coins or promote a brand and get fame?

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She kind of reminds me of my daughter She was fun to watch. Buy the Max, don't buy the Max Who cares. She is entertaining, and truly is a young detectorist. I am glad she is out pinging fields vs. Slinging dope or getting hooked on it. DOn't squish the millennials that have a passion for outdoor things. Christ in a few months every young man will have a Man bun and a romper .
What is the world coming too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread