Wow, good quarter day.

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
I work at a local walgreens here in STL. anyway, I was on the head register and was opening up some rolls of change. usually I get between 3-6 wheat backs a week but it was different today, I got 2 wheaties in one roll and a 1945 non war nickle.

I opened up a roll of quarters and instantly i heard the sound of silver hit the tray. I have heard stories of people searching boxes of quarters at a time and never soming across one single silver, but I got 2 in one roll. I grabbed the first one and saw that it was a near AU 64 and the other was a worn 56. gotta love the register.

-SS

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Wow!
It looks like you do well with silver quarters according to your totals.
Are they all cash register finds?

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to check that nickel again. All 1945 nickels are war nickels to my knowledge.

OP
OP
silvershark

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
yea, they are all bought at face value right out of the reg.

I also got a roll of dimes with 5 mercs in there a few months back, and 2 1943 silver Canadian dimes about a week ago.

my biggest find so far is a $50 someone used for face value. it was a 1928 gold cert. in VF condition. I have also gotten a $20 in VF, a $10 in crisp uncerculated, and a $5 in AU all from 1950. its amazing how much I have gotten at face value up there. there is one guy who brings in 2s from 1976 in crisp condition. i grab all of those. lol

and i checked the nickel and I was wrong, its a 1943 non war nickel.

-SS

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All 1943 nickels are war nickels as well. It is 1942 that some are and some aren't.

OP
OP
silvershark

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
I'm not drunk i swear. does anyone know what that stuff was the brings out the dates better? it sure looks like a 43 to me, but i guess im wrong again....

OP
OP
silvershark

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
silvershark said:
I'm not drunk i swear. does anyone know what that stuff was the brings out the dates better? it sure looks like a 43 to me, but i guess im wrong again....

jesus, its a damn 48.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions