Wow..I finally know the Feeling now..My First Silver EVER!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OLD POST FROM 4 YEARS AGO..Just had to Reminisce

Well, Its been about 9 months since i got my ACE and have been hunting away..Ive tried from Tot Lots...to Older Parks..To Farms...and last week starting trying out some Old Easements in Fort Worth... But today i woke up and decided to hit a new (to me) park i saw driving around yesterday.

Woke up to Major Thunderstorms this morning, and decided to do some Wet Detecting..I actually love MD'ing in the Rain..Beats the 100+ Temps..anyway.. I was there for about an Hour and half..and only found a quarter a dime and a couple pennies..Not doing so good..But then this Older lady (ANGEL :) ) came up and asked if i lost something..i told her "NO I was just poking around to find old coins..she of course gave me the story of how she always wanted to detect but never had the time..But then she told me of an area that had just had all the houses knocked down and removed, and is now owned by the City..she i should give it a try..So i really didnt think much about it until the rain started really coming down..So i got the directions she gave me, which was pretty close..and i saw what she was talking about..a whole neigbour block of "Stairways to Heaven" :laughing7:

So i got out..threw on the my secondary poncho (NEON ORANGE)..and walked up to the first house..saw a bunch of trash and some things i cant mention :dontknow:. And right off the bat i saw with my eyes a Wheatie sitting on top of the ground, a 1940..i was suprised..about five minutes later a 1942 Wheatie...Sweet!!..Then i Crossed the road to the next Plot..( They are all very small lots)..

First Beep told me it was either a Dollar a Half Dollar a Dime or Brass...lol...So needless to say i wasnt impressed because i ha just got that same signal and dug up a Water hose spicket..But i got down..and Dug..and about 3 Inches down i saw the Eagle in the Hole.. A 1943 Standing Liberty Half Dollar

I was in complete shock..I was shaking and trying to see the Date and trying to Call my Girlfreind all at the same time..I was on the verge of crying. i know it sounds stupid..but i was so happy i couldnt hold back any emotions..

I know alot of you find these things by the bucket fulls :laughing7: But i never dreamed that my first silver would be this..I really figured i would find a Silver Rosie or something. Considering i find at least 10 dimes everytime i go out..But This was completly Surreal to me..I Always see you guys finding them..and never understood why i never could..and at first i honestly thought my Ace couldnt get the depth i needed..
After this find..im very happy with it..and its goofey signals sometimes
Sorry to just Ramble on but this just happed about 11:30 this morning.

Attachments

• DSCN3994.JPG
    DSCN3994.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • WL Front.jpg
    WL Front.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 1,191
Last edited:
Upvote 3

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great start for the silver collection, the firsts are always the best feeling. :icon_thumright:

B

BIG61AL

Where there is one there is more.......SWEEEEET Now go hit the hell out it ....dig everthing, no telling what is waiting for you!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is beautiful standing there over that rising sun ! What a wonderous sight !
Congratulations sir on such a nice silver coin.
Happy Hunting!
TnMtns

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW WWWWWOOOWWW!!! Now that's the way to do it! Your first silver coin is a Walker?! Too friggin' cool! My first silver coin was a 1909 Barber Dime!

Keep at it man! Sounds like that place should keep you occupied for years to come! We've got neighborhoods here where I live that we keep finding good stuff at. Just keep pounding it & pounding it! There's more there! WOOHOO!!!

8^)

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Excellent!

That big silver will set you on the right path.

The older relics will come as you learn to read the age of your finds. A '43 anything tells you you're searching the right area. All you need now is to get the targets under your coil.

If searching mostly for relics, try searching in all-metal mode, and be prepared to dig some iron. Old iron will sometimes be pretty deep. My best find was a nearly buried early plow, which was nearly completely buried in a pioneer spring. Pretty hard to miss a target several feet long. If you aren't looking, you'll never find anything.

Here's how I find older stuff: research where the older parts of your town are at. Hunt that area if possible. Many towns before 1900 had old wooden boardwalks for sidewalks, and to keep out of the mud, people would try to stay on them. Find out how far away from the roadways these are located, and you'll start finding some REALLY old finds that fell and dropped through the cracks.

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! THAT is one good way to get your first silver!! Way to go man!!

You put into words the exact feelings I have been going through at the start of this hobby too. So well written!

I'll be watching for your next finds because I know that once you start getting the good stuff the train keeps on rolling for a while. Good luck my friend!! :headbang:

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a great hobby or what? Congratulations on finding that beautiful big silver!

B

Bev

Wow... I'm amazed!

@ OddCoins... your pictures always cracks me up~

I have an Ace 150 and just scored a 250 and that mercury dime is my first silver ever ever! Isn't a great feeling?

I am so excited for you! You think you'll find more if you go back to that spot? Did you say how deep it was? I didnt see.

Big WOO HOO for YOU!

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ace 250s might be a cheaper machine, but they can find
silver, gold and coins almost as good as the more expensive
machines can.
Great job on your first silver, now find the gold thats waiting
on you in the same area !!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again everone for your comments..Its This Website that keeps me motivated..I love hearing everyones find and input on it all..I will keep everyone posted on what i find out there

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Congrats on the Walker!! You will never forget your first silver.

Nice find!

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet first silver, go back and hit it again at a different angle.
HH
Bunker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread