wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
ok let me give you a pointer, find out where the farmers eat breakfast. go there one day and sit down with a buddy and eat, while you are eating show your buddy some of your finds. if anyone asks tell them they are local finds and you are looking for land to detect on.

farmers are very clickish socialy but if you get one to let you in be very good to them and the rest will fall like domino's. if you are good to all of them they will probably find sites for you. if you piss one off move as they will blackball you immediately.

I went to school in farmland, most of these guys are classmates and all are my freinds.

Swingit

Apr 29, 2007
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
Maybe its your approach :dontknow:,
How do you go about asking them?
I have no problem gaining permission in the fields of MN.
I have about 2100 acres :blob1: to hunt this year before the crops go in.

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow have not had a single farmer turn me down yet
heck i even had a few tell me the best place to look give me names and address of other farms to do

OP
OP
jasonbo

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
Basically its hard around here to pound on a door since they are buried so deep in the woods. I either call or find them riding there tractors plowing an ask. Im very polite an I usally get the liability speech an i show them i have a form that i can sign but they say they rather not an i thank them for there time an give them my card.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What i did was go every morning to 7-11 very early because i knew most of the farmers would be there having there coffee shooting the breeze the price of seed so on so on after awhile i got to know a few of the old timers and told them my hobby MD they to long ago had detectors and laughed and said we got it all i said wanna bet ? i have a DFX i bet theres lots more a few said sure go ahead hunt after the first plow of the year WOW did i show them that there fields were not hunted out :laughing7: most fields have been worked since the early 1700,s . Thats just one idea if your near farmers Good Luck Dd60
My first find in a potato field last year

Attachments

• 1760 coin french 2.jpg
    1760 coin french 2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 1760 coin french 2.jpg
    1760 coin french 2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 1760 coin reverse 3.jpg
    1760 coin reverse 3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 315

Top Member Reactions