WOW! I guess this really happened.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
You know some time ago I started here on Treasure Net and some great things happened. I met like minded individuals and got together and we formed our own South Texas metal detecting club. I made some great friends here. I found a spot where I could find out about up and coming events here as well as in other states. All in all a great experience and one that I will continue, but at a much decreased rate.
You see since forming our own club most of my posting regarding MD'ing has been on our website. Here I came for two things. 1) Odd and out of state topics like stuff on Dowsing and the Civil War which is not such a big topic here in South Texas. 2) Politics. I could drop in, check out the CW stuff and pop on into the politics to see what was being drug through the fire. I would say politics were over 70% of my post on TN.
Then Marc laid the hammer down. I am not sure why, it will not be discussed that is for sure, but the Politics were put on hold. Now they may have been permanently wiped. All of a sudden my reasons for being here were reduced by at least 70%. I took it in stride and waited while continuing to look at the areas that intrigued me. My membership expired, still no politics. Now I was surfing here for free and doing all the things I needed to do. About the only thing I could not do that I had before was search and I did not do that a lot.
So why should I be a charter member? The answer is that I should not. It has been fun and I will still be around, but I will not be paying to be a member again, at least not as long as I do not get my moneys worth.
I frequent other treasure hunting sites but I never did like them as well as here. Now that I can discuss politics there and do my treasure hunting activities why should I be here? The answer is friends I have made, but many of them have quietly slipped out the back door as well and gone to other sites.
At least one of them has joined out South Texas site.
Will I still be around here?? Awwww sure, but I think it may be in an ever decreasing frequency. Just the way it is I guess. I do not think I will ever be totally gone from TN, but for sure, just like any other relationship in life, over time it has changed. Regardless to all those here who have so enriched my life thanks. Again, I am not going to go away, but I most likely will not be around as much. Happy New Year to all amigos!!

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I am in a similar situation. I have thought about leaving several times, but I keep coming back because of the friends I have here. I don't post near as much as I used to and when I do, it is a more thought out post where I don't have to delete something later. I have deleted some posts and modified others to accomodate others wishes on here. Now I just won't post those things which may be unpopular or agumentative. I have better things to do with my time than argue about these topics. I will probably continue to stay unless things change drastically. I also am involved in other forums as well, so I can participate in them without any participaton in this one if need be. I do value my friends here and it is because of them and their respect that I will most likely stay. Several have left that I befriended and that makes me sad. Others have passed on and left a void in our friendship. I have made many friends throughout my lifetime and as I get older I really appreciate the ones that I have been able to keep. Some are irreplacable while others come and go. Good luck to all here and I hope this year will be kinder and more flexible for all of us and may we agree to dissagree. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread