Wow my first gold discovery near Georgetown Ca!

OP
OP
R

Riverwind

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2016
Georgetown California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oops forgot the find.

Attachments

• 1479783905555.jpg
    1479783905555.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 251

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um... what kind of rock is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Great piece congrats!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post Riverwind - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Riverwind and Welcome!
That is an interesting sample, have you tried chipping a small out of the way section of the goldish colored material to see if it just fractures or if it absorbs the blow (bends)? that would be a start at identifying it. If it cracks then it is likely Mica, if it bends, flows, is malleable then it could be something special. Good Luck and thank you for sharing................63bkpkr

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Riverwind welcome to tnet. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to say I'm about 98% sure that's not gold. I live in Garden Valley. I have a prospecting shop in Lotus. If you want to meet in person let me know. I can show you how to do positive identification. I can also help you find spots to get color. I'll be down on my claim until this afternoon.
I'm not trying to shoot you down or get your giant lump of gold. If that was gold you would have known when you put it in the bucket. It would weight a great deal mor than the rest of the rocks in the buckets. Lets get you to the point where you can bring back buckets that you know are gonna have gold not hope.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't look right. Have you tested it?

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Riverwind! Welcome to TreasureNet! I am from Stockton, so not too far from your area.

OP
OP
R

Riverwind

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2016
Georgetown California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow that is a real bummer. I would really appreciate any help goldwasher. I am having trouble with this app I can't see replies and i can't reply on the page from my cell. How would I get in touch with you?

OP
OP
R

Riverwind

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2016
Georgetown California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I still had it. My wife woke up before I did and after reading the forum and finding out it was not real she chucked it outside and got upset fir getting her hopes up. Lesson learned.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I still had it. My wife woke up before I did and after reading the forum and finding out it was not real she chucked it outside and got upset fir getting her hopes up. Lesson learned.

If it's just outside, can't you go retrieve it?

YMMV, but I'd be politely requesting of my wife that if she wants to
throw a rock, then she can go find her own damn rock to throw! :nono:

OP
OP
R

Riverwind

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2016
Georgetown California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I looked around but a lot of foot traffic here. Somebody else must have thought the same thing I did. Oh well thanks for the help and the reality check. I am looking forward to finding the real thing. Thanks again :)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it Riverwind as you are in the correct general area for gold, have a great Thanksgiving!.................63bkpkr

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got your number.
I have to hit my claim again today. I i'll try to call this afternoon. We'll set up a time to meet up this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread