WOW!!! WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
Last Thursday I had the day off so I headed to 3 banks I had not visited in about 6 months. I was able to buy 23 rolls of half dollars and 114 rolls of dimes. All had been cashed in by customers within the last few days.

I got home and started on the halfs, toward the bottom of the pile I saw 5 rolls that had some very light pencil which had been mostly rubbed off but I was able to make out 1986 P, 1974 D and 1981 P on the 1st 3. Upon opening them, I saw that they were indeed what was on the wrapper. My eyes bugged out when I looked at the last two rolls and read, "$8.00-1967 $1.50-1969 $.50-1943 Liberty" and then, "1964-uncirculated".

I opened the first and got so excited when I saw the Walking Liberty, but the second actually held 20 beautiful untouched 1964 Kennedys, I used gloves and immediately secured them into airtites. I also found 1 more 1969 and several 2006 and 2002 halves in that batch.

In the dimes, I was getting tired so I just looked for silver, nothing else and found 1-1951 and 1-1963.

What a great day!!! :hello2:

Upvote 0

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I have never struck it so well with customer rolls yet but it sure must feel great to see the silver years written right on the roll before you even open it!!!! Good for you!!! Nice score. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Emileel

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
I meant to add just 1 thing to this.

A couple of days later I went to another credit union and was told the Vault cashier was out that day, so I came back 2 days later and again asked for 1/2 dollars. She said she didn't have any but some old guy had just cashed in 4 rolls of large dollars, was I interested? I bought all 4 rolls and they were :icon_sunny: Eisenhowers. I opened the 1st roll and checked out the sides, one looked almost white. I was thinking that there was never a solid silver Eisenhower, pulled it out and it wasn't an Eisenhower, It was a 1924 Peace. That really made my day. I have read about people finding them in banks but had never been that lucky. The rest were nothing special, but that 1 coin was worth the rest!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread