mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when and had dinner with my sister in law. Then after we ate took a small nap. Then we went to WalMart for some great buys. I don't know why I do this every year what a mad house. Picked up some decent buys we had to wait in line for around 45 mins to get checkedout. Then it took another 45 mins to pick up the big item that we got. So how many of you guys/gals so this every year....Matt

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to when I was younger, me, dad, and stepmom.
Nowadays, bout the only way you gonna get me to a walmart or mall on black friday, is if I can have a Gatlin gun mounted on the truck! :laughing7:

I think you can order on-line (at most places) and pick your stuff up at the store Monday, without casualties. :laughing7:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WalMart is the issue. I won't step foot onto a walmart parking lot, much less enter one of their stores!!!
Peace ✌

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refuse to shop on holidays. Like the day after is so long of a wait. Holidays should be for family, us and the people working.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah well I'll be raising crap on the phone Friday at Walmart corporate. 3 hours I waited for the guaranteed in stock Nikon camera I wanted, only to find out they didn't get any delivered to that store, wouldn't give a raincheck, wouldn't do a damn thing at all, only after another hour of *****ing, the store manager told my wife and I that they have 5 in stock, they just cannot find them, I told him that's because your employees either hid them for themselves, or hid them for friends...he said probably so. Most unorganized crap I'd ever seen, they were not supposed to start selling the ps4 until 6pm, but when we got there at 5:25 people were already checking out with them..missed that one too. That's okay though, I'll never step foot into a Walmart again, don't care if its the last place on the planet with anything I need, I'll do without.

BC

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
There is nothing I want bad enough to fight the cold and crowds, and Walmart is just to large a store for my old legs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only store I hit yesterday afternoon was Family Dollar
They had a special $12.72 for 72 Alkaline AA's I couldn't resist.
walked in paid for them & walked out.

Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once we the people became "the consumers" I've been fighting the shopping syndrome. Drives my wife nuts. If there is something I need, I find out where it is and go buy it. No standing in line, no hassling with anyone. Get it and leave. If someone is deserving of a gift, it's the same.

Going to ***mart sickens me. Just too much chinese made cayrapola in one place and I don't like the way they treat their workerbees.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
That's something I didn't mention last night, like what bosnmate said, store is to big, was hoping to get a motorized cart for my wife, but wishful thinking considering the crowds.
That is until I came across 3 teenagers playing bumper carts with other shoppers and anything they found worthy of crashing into. I did at first ask nicely if they could relinquish one of them for somebody that actually needs one, well the f off I got was enough to switch me from Mike to BC..BC being my mean as hell other voice in my head, gotta say I contemplated a trip to jail to teach those punks a life lesson, considering even the management sided with them even though it was obvious they didn't need to use them, first come first serve..blah blah.

Mike

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only store I hit yesterday afternoon was Family Dollar
They had a special $14.00 for 72 Alkaline AA's I couldn't resist.
walked in paid for them & walked out.

good deal on the batteries. I've been using Frey's Electronic brand AA batteries in the AT Pro. $9 for 36 pack of super alkaline . Must get 24 hours out of a set of 4 them . Just amazing

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good deal on the batteries. I've been using Frey's Electronic brand AA batteries in the AT Pro. $9 for 36 pack of super alkaline . Must get 24 hours out of a set of 4 them . Just amazing

I use Rechargeables in my Detector, So no idea how long Family Dollar Alkalines last in it.
But they come in handy for everything else.
they are normally $8 for a 36 but yesterday the sale was buy one get the second half price

I made an Error above too.

the price was even better $12.72 with tax for 72

DSCF0001.JPG

I only wish they had great deals on 9 Volt Batteries

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holiday shopping I not my thing, don't like crowds, especially rowdy rude ones.
Being in MA if I ever had to defend myself I would end up under the jail not in it.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Apparently raising hell works with Walmart! After a few hours on the phone I still didn't get the d3200 camera, but instead got a d3300 kit for 100 bucks less than the 3200!
I'm happy as a sugar ant eating a jolly rancher on the sidewalk.
399 for this kit is great.
View attachment 1085374
Yay!
View attachment 1085376

Guess I'll have to find a place to store pics online now since Tnet only supports up to 5mb files, the smallest, pic this thing takes is is around 5.4mb.

I'm happy, my wife says I'm spoiled heh.

Mike

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At Harbor Fright they advertised a 2000-lb ATV winch for $49, so earlier this week I was committed to go. It took me less than 5 minutes to find the winch and get in line, and another 25 minutes to get checked out. What a horror show. Never again. That winch will be nice mounted to my utility trailer, but I'll never go black friday shopping ever again. Its not worth the mental stress. I had to eat three tacos to calm down after that.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in 1998 or so, I got up at 3 am to be in line at toys r us for some pokemon crap for my kids. I vowed that day that I would never subject myself to such a fiasco ever again.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently raising hell works with Walmart! After a few hours on the phone I still didn't get the d3200 camera, but instead got a d3300 kit for 100 bucks less than the 3200!
I'm happy as a sugar ant eating a jolly rancher on the sidewalk.
399 for this kit is great.
View attachment 1085374
Yay!
View attachment 1085376

Guess I'll have to find a place to store pics online now since Tnet only supports up to 5mb files, the smallest, pic this thing takes is is around 5.4mb.

I'm happy, my wife says I'm spoiled heh.

Mike

Now that..... is a camera!!
What did you replace?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
had to go to menard's today for a plumbing project. who knew menard's was a hot place for shopping?

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I went to Shopko to get a meat slicer as mine broke a few yrs ago. Had them on sale for $39. none in stock they said they sold out by 6 that morning. The space on the shelve could not hold more the 2 yep no rain checks given. Getting around to take my 11 yr old daughter and 4 grand kids to the Ramada Inn so they can swim this weekend. Then Monday morning be sitting in the woods waiting for dinner to come walking by. Hope you all have a great weekend......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread