WOW ! WHAT A WAY TO KICK OFF THE MDing SEASON

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TONIGHT WAS THE FIRST FOR ME TO GET OUT AND DO SOME DETECTING.WENT OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES IN THE SUMMER BUT THIS IS MY TIME OF YEAR TO START.LOTS OF BUTTONS AND COINS.VERY NICE START IN A FIELD THAT'S VERY DIFFICULT TO DETECT ON ACCOUNT OF THE NUCLEAR PLANT TRANSMISSION WIRES OVERHEAD WHICH MAKE A DETECTOR GO CRAZY BUT WHEN YOU GET ONE NEAR THE TOP OF THE GROUND IT HELPS.THE LARGE CENTS ARE 1797,1800,1816,1821 AND A NICE LITTLE CAROULUS 3 REALE.

Attachments

• DSCN5074.JPG
    DSCN5074.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,209
Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Fantastic coin find. Yes, nuclear power transmission lines can play havoc on detectors. Keep up the great detecting even with those obstacles.

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,112
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,113

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great coins. Looks like you have a great site.
Dman

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Wow! Nice finds!

Joe

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
:headbang: :occasion14: :headbang: :occasion14: :headbang: :occasion14: :headbang:

AWESOME coppas Pigeonman ... Gota a similar old spot with powerlines running 50 ft overhead right over the old foundation , causes major interference. But some days its not as bad as others , I think certain hours are better then peak hours and less current.

Maybe early morning would be a better time ?

Nice finds !!

D. :icon_study:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

What a hunt, you must be on cloud nine. 4 LC's and a Reale, Fantastic!
Congratulations to you WTG :icon_thumleft:
Glenn

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coins. :icon_sunny: What an awesome site you have. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You already said it, but WOW is the only thing I can think of. We live in a great area for the old coppers, especially near you where the suburban sprawl has not reached yet.

Go Phillies!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy what a comeback. I like them.

Kevin Bozard

Aug 7, 2008
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Awesome finds Pigeonman, and thanks for the tip. There's an area I wanted to hunt, but haven't, because of powerlines. Now I think I will give it a shot anyway. Thanks for sharing! ;D

OP
OP
pigeonman

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the funny thing is there were two rows of lines running on two separate towers.when i got under one row of lines the detector went crazy and then when i got to the other row the detector calmed down a little.you could hear the humming from the lines even with the head phones on.my old lady said i have a glow to me when i got back but it was just the excitement from all the good finds.i will post the other group of finds soon.

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Way To Go!! Very nice finds. You got a great area there. Keep up the good
work while the weather is cooperating.

Congratulations, keep us posted on your future hunts. (blklab, KS) :icon_king: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread