wow wow wow... jewelry cashe

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out yesterday to hunt the place that has been giving up some good finds lately. was swinging for about an hour when I decided to hit a corner of the field I haven't hit yet. I got a funny signal ,it went from 45 to 85 back and forth over and over again. I walked away but went back to see what it was.. it read 10+ inches but I hit glass around a foot or so. out popped a glass jar full of jewlery:hello2: I was like "you have to be kidding me!! I swung the at pro over the hole again and boom 45 to 85 again so I dig alittle more and holy crap a metal box :-o .. I get it out and open it up and it is full of mud,buuuuut I started to clean it out and boom jewelry starts falling out.. at this point im shaking so bad I didn't know what to do. I dug by had very slowly and hope I got it all out. after getting it home and cleaning I saw that it was mostly costume jewelry but there was some 14kt and a bunch of silver and even silver spoons .. my question is why would someone bury mostly costume jewelry ? anyway it was I dig I will never forget ,I'm still not real sure what I have as I only cleaned about half of it. id say there is maybe 100 to 125 pieces in all... PICS ARE A LITTLE FURTHER DOWN IN POST...

Last edited:
Upvote 17

tyrocksalot

Aug 7, 2014
jefferson city,mo
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats badass man nice dig. Really cool. Test em out they were buried for a reason. Might be a valuable piece in there.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
glad you finally got the pics, they definitely add to the post, best your heart was beating a mile a second! congrats

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(the jumble of some 14K thrown in with the costume stuff, tossed with the silver wear chest - really feels like a
domestic burglary stash to me )[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly! Still..........super find!!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome is the word that comes to mind…..thank you for sharing and pics…….please post pics and total when you clean it up

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I'm not complaining about the Hole but hope you can use a rag next time you dig to put the dirt on and then the dirt back in the hole- Nice Pictures of your Jewelry-Thanks for sharing -goldnugget-

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!, nothing like that butterfly in the stomach feeling that awesome digs brings ya
Congrats! !

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for sharing those pictures

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost certainly a very kind parent who indulged (or participated with) their kids in playing "buried treasure".

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like older stuff, nice congrats!

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow congrats! Post some pictures of the stuff cleaned up. This might be banner worthy.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is that it was stolen in a burglary and buried with the intention it would be dug up later.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
My guess is that it was stolen in a burglary and buried with the intention it would be dug up later.

Me thinks it was buried to get rid of the evidence.Theres two ways of getting rid of evidence,bury it or destroy it.You can melt gold or silver into ingots for resale,real gemstones are a little tougher,you need a fence if any of the stones are easily recognizable.

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing find!!! I could only imagine the excitement.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid a buried a box of costume jewelry, but the box also included things I thought of as "treasure" like plastic gold coins, marbles, and toy cars. And that's why I don't think this stash was buried by a child - if it was they would have included toys. The fact that the hoard includes spoons and a jumbled mass of semi-precious jewelry and some small amounts of gold and silver leads me to conclude you found a burglar's stash. But from the looks of it that stash has been forgotten for many decades and the burglar is long gone - and the family who lost their stuff has long forgotten about it. So finder's keepers! :D Awesome!

OP
OP
sweetrelease

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys and gals.. im thinking it was stolen also.. the box was not flat in the hole ,it was on its side. figure they trough it in the hole and ran ?? ether way it had me going crazy digging it up. I did clean some more of it up and I think there is more good stuff than just costume .. I'm on vacation now ,but when I get home i'll post a pic of the stuff cleaned and lied out. thanks again guys , I love this hobby!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread