Wow, wow, wow!!!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit one of my old stand-by parks today. Found this place when I first entered the hobby and it has been VERY good to me. I pulled a 2 center out of there, a barber, a standing liberty quarter, my best ring, many indians and then today...

I arrived there a bit later than I normally do and started swinging my trusty CZ-3D. Since I've hammered this place so hard, the signals are far & few between. However, most of the goodies are in the 3 - 5 inch range and chances are they are very old. I don't dig many surface signals at parks due to the sheer amount of trash, but, today I was forced to since I wasn't getting ANY deep or medium signals at all. So I walked about 50 yards to a wooded section across a driveway to change my luck. Was there about 5 minutes when I got a loud and clear signal coming up in the silver range, but, it was basically right under the soil, so, wasn't gonna dig it. The few similar signals I dug when arriving were all memorials or dimes. Decided to take a shot and out popped the beauty in the pics. From roughly an inch...TOPS. I saw the glimmer of silver through the dirt and grabbed it thinking a merc or something. I was quite disappointed because once I eyed it, I thought it was a slug. Looked blank. After cursing to myself, I was just about to toss it in my junk pouch when I saw some faded lettering. I then knew I had something. Something good & old. I called my buddy Glenn and described to him what little there was on the piece and he said it might be a reale. At this point I couldn't breathe. Continued hunting and found nothing else old for the day.

Put some pics up on the "What is it?" section and the verdict came back as a half reale :headbang:

I have a few things high on my wish list - like a seated - but honestly, I NEVER even dreamed of finding a reale. Just goes to show, ya never know :thumbsup:

It's beat up, worn-out & uglier than a red headed stepchild...but it's truly a thrilling find for me and I adore every facet of it :laughing7:

Attachments

• P showing.jpg
    P showing.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,099
  • Car showing.jpg
    Car showing.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Side angle.jpg
    Side angle.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,111
  • Size comparison.jpg
    Size comparison.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,095
  • Width Comparison.jpg
    Width Comparison.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,097
Upvote 0

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Carolous III. Congrats!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right about the "ugly."......but, add...."cool." Great find.
You'll find some more, with better detail. But, you'll always remember your "red-headed" first. :thumbsup:

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on that one. I just found my first one a few days ago. :icon_thumright:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a super find :icon_thumright:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007