31.3 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brinks in my area specifically says BRINKS on the rolls and is brown and white(more like copper and white)
garda is black and white.

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
The last Garda box I went through (2 weeks ago) the wrappers were yellow and white.

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Well unfortunately all 4 rolls were skunks. I did notice however that the ends of the rolls were rolled very tight. Much tighter than an S&S roll. I've never seen this wrapper in my area. Sort of strange to see these out of the blue.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it all depends on area, I went to a bank down south and they had brown and green dime rolls, went to the same bank up north and had white and green dime rolls, totally different style, same provider, I know first hand, you can't tell for sure, but can get a good general idea.
HH

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgot to add a better pic of the rolls. Can't update as I'm on an iPhone.

Attachments

• image-3313418313.jpg
    image-3313418313.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 116

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Around here they come from the same supplier that wraps other coins in the plastic rolls. In fact, the boxes they come in (cube type boxes with brown print) have instructions for opening the plastic rolls, even though the halves are always wrapped in paper.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgot to add a better pic of the rolls. Can't update as I'm on an iPhone.

Those are definetly Brinks, the last 4 boxes I just got (all skunks) were those rolls, now, those look like they are goldish lines on them, the ones I was getting from them before were more brown( and had silver in them) thease new gold and white ones had nothing. I'm getting 2 more boxes tomorrow, so, we'll see whats in them. These last 4 boxes were the first I've had of these gold and white rolls.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are Garda rolls. All of my Garda pickups are those colors, and come in the brown, square boxes.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a bank that had the same wrapper i thought it was garda? can anyone confirm?

They are brinks, just had 4 boxes of those, all skunks! 2 more tomorrow.

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
maverick said:
Those are definetly Brinks, the last 4 boxes I just got (all skunks) were those rolls, now, those look like they are goldish lines on them, the ones I was getting from them before were more brown( and had silver in them) thease new gold and white ones had nothing. I'm getting 2 more boxes tomorrow, so, we'll see whats in them. These last 4 boxes were the first I've had of these gold and white rolls.

Well if this true then this bank is the only one that Brinks supplies in my area. I've tried a lot of banks and all I find are S&S like these.

Attachments

• image-4061573580.jpg
    image-4061573580.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 116

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are Garda rolls. All of my Garda pickups are those colors, and come in the brown, square boxes.

Must be diferent from coast to coast, Im in the southeast and get the brown brinks cube boxes and they have never had the yellow rolls, allways the brown and white.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if this true then this bank is the only one that Brinks supplies in my area. I've tried a lot of banks and all I find are S&S like these.

I have had those yellow rolls before ( from B of A) and they came in the long flat box, single layer, my boxes say Brinks and are double stacked in a small brown box, from diferent bank.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Anyone ever seen long flat boxes that look like s&s boxes, but they don't have the holes and the wrappers actually say "loomis" on them instead of s&s on them? Obviously they are from loomis, but I had never seen them package their own halves like this. Wondering how common these are and if anyone has any info on why loomis would be doing their own coin.

And to the OP, those are definitely brinks rolls.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks. At least in my pick up area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread