wreck in Marathon

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Hey Phil,
If your planning a trip to your wreck down there this year,get ahold of me. I was off of Marathon last year and recieved a bunch of non-ferrous hits, Didn't dig them up. I'll explain if you contact me.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I wasn't going to post anything about this wreck because I didn't know if anyone would find interest in it since it wasn't a "treasure ship" or carrying any valuables (that we know of yet). Anyway, here's the info about the wreck with a lot of excellent photos. Click on the photos in middle of the story, their really good.
xXX

http://www.nbc6.net/news/4666777/detail.html

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A combined state and federal operation is seeking to date the wreck and solve the mystery."State an federal huh?i bet its one of the lost 1733 ships that was full of treasure.and they want it all to themselves."They say there is no chance of finding gold, silver or emeralds -- just a treasure trove of information"So why are they worried about giving out the site cords and why are they afraid of looters? hmmm kinda makes you wonder whats really on that wreck.is it at 27.6874141693115N--- 80.0407409667969W

or

N24?41.245' W081?02.444'

OP
OP
P

pvet

that wreck has been worked since the 60s, when first located it had its shot locker intact, no cannon or anchor. but alto of cannon ball , musket and Minnie ball the ballest bile is pretty much intact at least it was in 89 when i worked on it. found some really nice pottery and lots of it. We followed the track in about 1/2 mile in some deep sand we found some barrel hoops and upper deck structure.
Thyere was never any treasure at least not in our lifetime . and the wreck is much earlier than 1733. WE always thought it was a 1622 or earlier, most of the ballast is egg but there is some mixed rock in there

2dayistheday

Jul 12, 2005
pvet,
i have a friend that lives in marathon when i was visiting there i noticed that she had ballast stones in a pile outside of her house.
she did not know that they were ballast and the only reason i knew is from watching documentries of mel fisher.
my question is there a way to find what wreck these came from and are they worth anything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread