Wreck Locations

OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
I found the search button but I need to be a charter member to search. Cant do that at the moment.

Any good threads?

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also might try these...

Divers Guide To Shipwrecks Cape Canaveral To Jupiter Mondano Mark Sandman Productions 1991 1st softback
Encyclopedia Of American Shipwrecks Berman Bruce D. The Mariners Press 1972 1st softback
Famous Shipwrecks Of The Florida Keys Weller Robert EBSCO Media 1990 1st softback
Florida Shipwrecks Berg Daniel & Denise Aqua Explorers Club 1991 1st softback
Lore Of The Wreckers Shepard Birse Beacon Press 1961 1st
New World Shipwrecks Marx / Marx Robert / Jennifer Ram Publications 1994 1st softback
Pottery From Spanish Shipwrecks Marken Mitchell University of Florida 1994 1st hardback
Ships And Shipwrecks Of The Americas Bass George Thames & Hudson 1988 1st
Shipwrecks In Florida Waters Marx Robert Mickler House 1985 1st softback
Shipwrecks In The Vicinity Of Jupiter Inlet Wilson DuBois Bessie DuBois 1975 1st pamphlet
Shipwrecks Near Wabasso Beach Weller Robert En Rada Publications 1996 1st softback
Shipwrecks Of Florida Singer Steven Pineapple Press 1992 1st
Shipwrecks of the Western Hemisphere Marx Robert The World Publishing Co. 1971 1st hardback
Shipwrecks Unforgotten Freitag Norbert Finley Green Publications 1998 1st

and...

Wrecks And Reefs Rinehart Laney Rinehart 1991 4th softback
The Rainbow Chasers In The Great Florida Treasure Hunt Gore / Armstrong Tommy / Terry Signum Ops 2007 1st softback
Diving To A Flash Of Gold Meylach Martin Florida Classics Library 1986 2nd

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Any of these books particularly good for Bahamian waters?

-GOLD

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if your focus is the bahamian water area * the 3books I recommend off hand -- are-- #1 new world shipwrecks (marx) latest "updated" book 1994 or #2-- ship wrecks in the americas (marx) 1983 or #3 shipwreaks of the western hemisphere (marx) 1971 which is a bit old but still very good and useful (note many items in #2 and #3 will be in #1 as well) marx tends to add to and update his books and "retitle" them as well-- the little book "shipwrecks in florida waters" ==is basically just the florida section of one of his book's --- ripped out and made into a book solely for florida area folks --- I must say marx is a great informational "tip"source without any doubt -- hope this helps --- and be very aware of bahamain laws on salvage needless to say. ( legally speaking its a no go at this time )-- -- and of course use your local library to get ahold of these books as you only need to gather the small bit of info from them --thus saving you money --unless like me you want to build a research type private library collection of books to have at hand . Ivan

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the GOLD...

There is nothing wrong with doing research but be careful if you are considering "working" wrecks in the Bahamas... there is a moretorium in effect. There are individuals who do get away with piracy, but be prepared for the consequences if you do get caught... Fox Hill Prison is a bad way to go!!

Besides the fact that it is currently against Bahamian laws to treasure hunt in the waters down there, i've also heard that UNESCO is conducting talks with the Bahamian government now "which bodes ill for any mother's son who calls himself a treasure hunter"! This is a bad sign for any possibilities of the treasure hunting ban ever being lifted down there again! UNESCO is out to control the entire World!

Phips

OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
Thanks for the tips on the books. I will defiantly look some of them up and see what I can find.

Can you point me to a thread or 2 until that point?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread